East Dulwich cloth bags

> What is an east dulwich logo??

That will be up to the kids!

I would be happy to attend a meeting - I can't do Monday or Thursday and of course there's the EDF gathering on Friday (if I am feeling brave enough) but Tuesday or Wednesday at about 7.30 ish would be fine.

Any suggestions of a location? If it's just a few of us I am happy to host it at mine (as long as no one is allergic to cats - I have three!) - otherwise somewhere local and where we can hear ourselves talk?

hello im a newbie on here watching from the sidelines for a while now im posting, cloth bag idae is a good 1,but make sure they are strong bags,cos down in sunny nunhead we have our own cloth bags but not very good for bottles and cans

Thanks tazzi and welcome.Belle do you want to meet locally,just in case a lot of people want to come along.Wednesdays are good 4 me too,lets see what the others say and try to organise a mutual date for all of us.Im going to try and go to the wi meeting,you going belle?Clare?Cupcake?ko?

Glad to see this thread really moving top wards greener ed great the amount of effort that some are making to make ed plastic bag free so many with similar ideas and opinions is refreshing in this cynical day and age.

Hy to all involved in the cloth bag project i have sent you a pm.Hopefully we can organise a meet very soon,if anyone else wants to get involved pm me.

Its going really well,lots of calls and postive response from southwark and then green team of southwark who are really keen to help.The cloth bags may only be the start of this.:))

Monica, what can the WI do to help? I'd be very happy to add it to the agenda to chat about at the next meeting, though it may be quite a packed agenda already, so if we could help with something in particular before your deadline, let me know and I can put it to the group.

Elizabeth

Just received the sample jute bags and they look very sturdy.Threshers have agreed to come on board,if the bags can carry up 2 4 wine bottles and these bags look like they can.I will ask the other cloth bag company to send some samples through so we can compare them when we meet.

I bought a bag from Roulier White for ?2 too - I think it is superb value for money - really, ?2 probably only just covers the shops overheads for the floor space. They do need to make a profit after all.

ED bags are great idea. I hope they have some style though. I have noticed that the success of these initiatives are based on 2 important factors:

1. The bags say how green you are

2. They look good.

We are all a bit vain and this is the best way to get a successfull message across and get the average desigm savvy ED resident to carry the bags.

Louis Vuitton are doing on for ?850, so anything less than that is good going.

http://bp2.blogger.com/_lGGON62lkE8/RjiqEccX5LI/AAAAAAAAB5I/ANVmjTgWmLU/s1600-h/LVOE+Canvas.jpg

(Cheapest I found on the net was 9p - but the catch is you have to buy 10,000...

Guys i need your help.I have a sample of the jute bag we may be using for the ed cloth bag,but i am receiving feedback about locals preffering cloth bags.If i get a sample of the cloth bag will you wonder down LL to have a look.They will both be in the window of one of the local shops

thanks

Yes happy to look at them. I recall from the posts above that people wanted something easy to fold up (particularly girls wanting something they can fit in their handbag) and also something strong.

Hy All

The cloth bags are in the Healthmatters window,who have been kind enough to let us use the window for the voting.Go along when you have the chance and have a look,feel,touch,smell:))

Then vote on here.I am going to try and keep this thread high on The topic list.

Plus great news i have been contacted by the south london press about the cloth bag campaign.Il let you know the latest.Cupcake,clare,bellenden belle and ko let me know if you want to help out in the interview.

Update on the voting situation,there are voting forms for the East Dulwich cloth bag vote located at SMBS,Healthmatters,Greetings and anywhere you see the distinctive voting form.Bags are hanging up in Healthmatters window(thanks to HM) and they are clearly numbered so you can have a look from the outside.

Saw a young lady, walking down Lordship Lane last week, carrying a canvas bag that had I (heart) East Dulwich. It looked really good. She told me it was her own one-off design and she'd had it for quite a while - and carries it around all the time - and it's been all over the country. Now, that's putting E D on the map.