whats a good 30th birthday present for a bloke?

lyndsey83

Tony, I'm really not going to give you that rise you seem so desperate to get out of me, because frankly I have better things with to do with my time than arguing with a stranger on the internet who suggested I get my boyfriend a hooker for his birthday. Perhaps unlike you, Im not here for jest,argument,social activity,and vicious banter... I think this website is a useful tool for information and I like to use it so. And thats not a criticism.

Ive been thanking people as I have gone along, yourself included I believe after the suggestion of the Ashes, and considering the comments were still going strong yesterday I dont think it unreasonable that at 10am in the morning I havent posted to thank everyone for their comments. I dont wake up and sign in just to see what witty thesaurus-aided remarks have appeared since i went to bed.

So please, If you want a fight, go and pick on someone else, Im really not interested. But thank you for your Ashes suggestion, it was helpful.

And thanks, of course, to all others who chipped in. Great info, and Im sure will help others also...went for gig tickets in end, which I found after Keef suggested. Off to see the pixies at Brixton:) . Sorry I couldnt say so right away yesterday, I happened..god forbid...to be doing something else.

Jeremy Wrote:

--

> I wanted to book something like that for my dad,

> but the only ones I could find were ?250 or over.

> Do you know where you can do one for more like

> ?100?

-----------------------------------------------------

Jez

You tight ar*e ! that man bought you into this world & you wont spend ?100+ pounds on him !

Ashamed ? you should be, where has all your cash gone ?

I-bloody-kea that's where!

Tisk

W**F

lyndsey83 Wrote:

Tony, I'm really not going to give you that rise you seem so desperate to get out of me, because frankly I have better things with to do with my time than arguing with a stranger on the internet who suggested I get my boyfriend a hooker for his birthday.

That was the gentlest of jokes that I've heard endlessly in Offices over the years and no-one had ever taken that, obviously light-hearted comment, seriously let alone responded in the manner about "12-year-old" humour, thats what irritated me, initially. I'm not desperate to get a rise at all.

Then followed the sarcasm about "how naive I am" to expect a sensible response on EDF which is hardly endearing is it, seriously?

Ive been thanking people as I have gone along, yourself included I believe after the suggestion

of the Ashes,..... dont wake up and sign in just to see what witty thesaurus-aided remarks have appeared since i went to bed.

Thats the whole point lyndesy. After I ignored your barbed comments I did, as you now acknowledge, come up with an idea and, no, you did not acknowledge it in any shape or form at all.

I'll think you will find many people on this Site who do not need the aid of "thesaurus" to enhance their natural wit, incidently.

So please, If you want a fight, go and pick on someone else, Im really not interested.

Neither am I, its just that I thought your earlier comments and attitude were rather supercilious and rude, quite frankly.

went for gig tickets in end, which I found after Keef suggested. Off to see the pixies at Brixton:) . Sorry I couldnt say so right away yesterday, I happened..god forbid...to be doing something else.

Same old sarcastic response.

Funny how you DID find the time to reply now, soon after I wrote the above though, and you not only have replied but made your decision anyway!. So if you hadn't responded to my comments today others would have wasted their time trying to help when it was already a "fait accompli"....:)

Anyway, despite the above I'm glad its all sorted and I hope you both have a great time at the gig which should be really good.(tu)

lyndsey83 Wrote:

'awesome idea actually..assuming the tickets havent gone like hotcakes, I'll check it out. Thanks.' That was what i posted to thank you. Perhaps i did it wrong. Sorry if i irritated you.

Thanks for your reply.

I had no idea that the comment above referred to my suggestion lyndsey.

Just a misunderstanding.

Have a great time:)-D

If he's an Aussie, get him an ashtray with ashes in it, he'll see the funny side I'm sure, its what they all seem to want. Or a BBQ or a few tinnies of Fosters. A hat with corks hanging from it, a crocodile dundee knife, a tee shirt with no sleeves? Spray on blonde hair, or arrogance tablets? There are loads of things you can get him.

Oh, ok he's got all those already.;-)