Exposed to on Peckham Rye Common

• Administrator

As you can see it has been moved to the General ED issues section, it was originally posted in the Lounge area, probably because daizie is not allowed to post outside the Lounge for previous abuse of the forum. Thank you to those who brought it to my attention.

Please report this incident directly to the East Dulwich Safer Neighbourhood Team if you have not already done so.

Sorry I haven't read through all of this yet, but I thought that it would be important that the police trace the school ASAP (from your description of the uniform) & try to find these boys before the school breaks for summer.

One thing I learned from a similar situation, when I was once attacked in Greece; make as much noise as you can. The man who tried to mug me was so taken aback when I looked him in the eye and screamed & roared, he turned & fled. However, I am a man and I think he thought I was a complete lunatic. However, I kept my wallet.

Administrator Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> As you can see it has been moved to the General ED

> issues section, it was originally posted in the

> Lounge area, probably because daizie is not

> allowed to post outside the Lounge for previous

> abuse of the forum. Thank you to those who brought

> it to my attention.

>

> Please report this incident directly to the East

> Dulwich Safer Neighbourhood Team if you have not

> already done so.

I think it would be the Peckham Rye Safer Neighbourhood Team, if it was in Peckham Park?

I don't think these boys were "just being silly" perverted little gits(6) Its very weird and strange for a teen to flash to someone, aren't teens usually embarressed about such things? This aint a dirty old man thing, Its horrid and if not stopped, they could do something worse. Hope your OK Daizie, this happened to my sister and I on 2 occasions when we were school girls, not nice at all. Hope they catch them quick.

I have been confronted by flashers on a number of occasions over the years, most notably Belair Park in the mid-80's, but the idea of a teenager in a small group doing it is just astonishingly scary. Thankyou for warning us all and I shall be on my guard in future.

Louisa.

I agree Louisa. If I was a teenage boy (I'm not and never have been) I think I would be horrified if one of my friends whipped his thing out, I'd think he was really, really weird. Makes you wonder what he'll be like when he gets older :'( scarey.

PeckhamRose Wrote:

> I've already emailed the Peckham Rye and Nunhead

> Safer Neighbour hood Team

I'm sure you mean well but let's hope your actions don't set off a train of events that harms a whole generation of innocent Asian schoolboys.

The scenario seems very implausible - exposure tends to be a solitary, not a group activity; it is unusual for teenage boys to expose themselves to adults (what they get up to behind what used to be the bike sheds is a different matter) and maintaining an erection in such circumstances might be considered a challenge. Without wishing to denigrate the experience of the poster - who was clearly and properly shocked by the event - might we be looking at a very stupid 'practical' (why are they called that?) joke where some form of fake appendage was being displayed? That (pretending to expose yourself, using a fake willy) seems a much more likely schoolboy prank - possibly even a dare - than actual exposure. It doesn't make the experience any better for the poster, but it might be more likely. Of course, pretending to expose yourself is just as traumatic, unless discovered, as actually exposing yourself, to the one being exposed to, but it displays a different psychology at work. I do recall, from the 1960s, 'humerous' use of uncooked sausages by schoolboys (this was before the days of sex shops with more more realistic simulacra) - if only amongst themselves.

Just a thought, but if true we are facing a different sort of peril, and perhaps one slightly less daunting.

Shaila Shah wrote:- how do you know they are Indian? Coyuld they be Pakistani? Bangladeshi? Sri Lankan?

My guess is they could be any of those, the point being made was they are not of African or European origin. The only way to know is by questioning them and varifying their statements, if the neighbourhood watch get that lucky.

Penguin68 Wrote:

> The scenario seems very implausible - exposure

> tends to be a solitary, not a group activity.

So, three boys in school uniform, one with a sustained erection, running around Peckham Rye.

As reported by our very own Daizie, poster extraordinaire with a colourful history of fairytale postings for the purposes of trolling, not to mention a penchant for registering undering several different names in order to back-up her own tall tales.

Call me old-fashioned, but I might just wait and see if someone else to sights these wrongdoers before calling in an air strike on The Rye.

If it is true, there's always the story of that boy who cried wolf.

Penguin68 Wrote:

> The scenario seems very implausible

Not to mention that the OP comes across as either a crafty agent provocateur or a genuine nutcase and has a history of troll-like posts. I'm concerned that third parties have seen fit to propagate reports of this alleged incident beyond the forum and the inherent danger that that implies.

as a woman who walks through peckham rye park quite often i'd like to thank daizie for reporting this to the police. sometimes the actual reporting can be just as daunting as the incident in question. I'll also be sure to keep an eye out for anything suspicious going on.

one of the best pieces of advice i ever received was to shout "Fire" (although obviously not in a crowded theatre or anything) instead of rape or help as a shout of fire is much likely to attract gawkers and help frighten off your attacker.

carolyn Wrote:

> as a woman who walks through peckham rye park

> quite often i'd like to thank daizie for reporting

> this to the police. sometimes the actual

> reporting can be just as daunting as the incident

> in question. I'll also be sure to keep an eye out

> for anything suspicious going on.

>

> one of the best pieces of advice i ever received

> was to shout "Fire" (although obviously not in a

> crowded theatre or anything) instead of rape or

> help as a shout of fire is much likely to attract

> gawkers and help frighten off your attacker.

I too use the park on a daily basis mostly with my friend but also alone and at quiet times.,and I also thank dazie for bringing this to our attention as when I'm on my own I will be more aware especially in the wooded areas.

PeckhamRose as I saw the PCSO's in the park looking around within half an hour of the incident(they could have even been their earlier )then they must have been alerted .There was also a Police van patrolling earlier this morning around the park.I'm sure this was a one off and dosent put me off walking alone in the park but this sort of behaviour should be nipped in the bud.