Great Gents Haircut in ED - about time (Lounged)

Jimi

The place on Forest Hill Road, near to the Post Office is good. It charges ?9 for a dry cut with scissors, ?5 for a shaved-style cue (ie with clippers only). Plays XFM on the Bose stereo. Papers and mags to read on comfy settees whilst you wait.

Loz Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Even though I find Jimi's post a little

> suspicious, I'm a longstanding fan of the Clipper,

> generally for the opposite reason to Jimi - I like

> my haircut without the small talk. But, as *Bob*

> says, ?14.50 is a little steep.

>

> What does the new LL place charge?

Whooooaaa, what the hell did i start here. One little comment about a local business doing a good job and it's been ripped apart from all and sundry. There was me thinking that this forum was about the lcoal community, I'll certainly refrain from supporting the community in future.

yeah thanks, nice to be here, can't wait until I post a serious discussion, and really get chewed to bits! Are people always this highly strung on here, or is it just an aversion to newbies!!

I guess as you're recommending the clipper it should have probably gone in the recommendation section of the forum. And you have to admit your original post does sound rather marketing speak... Still looking for a decent barber? Not happy with your coiffure? Badly cut locks getting you down? Look no further because I've found the answer!

Anyway I reckon a lot more people know about the clipper now than they did before. Personally I get Mrs Mark to cut my hair and coincidentally she does use my preferred weapon of choice the clipper(s)

I went to the new place on Lordship Lane last week, the one near SMBS. A little shorter than I had intended (my fault) but a good decent summer cut, no annoying chat, quick and all for the good value price of ?12.

Yep, that is an unconnected plug. Nope, Ive been infrequently writing on the forum for two years.

yeah i guess your right,thats why i tried to put a bit of history on my second post. I wasn;t aware there was a recommendations section on this site. But if people really think it's plug, why not just ignore it and it would slide off the home page in no time and no harm done, but because of everyones replies it's stayed at the top all day, so even more people see it, doesn't make sense to me. Certainly on my part, lesson well and truly learnt!!!

Jimi, the problem is that it's happened a few times... dodgy "recommendations" for estate agents, bars, builders, etc. So when a brand new poster posts a glowing report of a business, people understandably get suspicious. If your recommendation is genuine, then I suggest that you don't take it personally.

A decent haircut for under ?12? How preposterous. Are we living in the dark ages? Would you let the council cut your hair?

Go somewhere fashionable in East London or the West End. And expect to pay around ?30-40. Unless you want to look like a football hooligan.

Given the number of women and men who try to chat me up, I don't think I suffer from any such conditions Bob. But then, if nobody looks at you at all, why bother to spend money on a haircut? You could spend it on pies instead.

Oh dear me Bob, come out of the dark ages please! Do you wear deodorant? Do you wash your clothes? I do hope so. For the sake of any women in your life.

Oh and (you wouldn't know this, as you don't pay for decent haircuts) but the effect lasts much longer than half a day.

Do I ever fancy someone primarily because of their hair?

Well, I'm not a hair fetishist! But it's like most aspects of one's appearance isn't it? It can be appealing - like having nice skin, or nice eyes, or good clothes.