Do you tweet?

Maurice

In theory it shouldn't be too difficult to integrate twitter into the forum's software - a bit like an RSS feed. (I'm not sure it would be effective the other way around given the restriction on message length.)

If someone were set up a twitter account named, say, @edf then those with their own twitter accounts could send twitters to @edf and they would appear on, say, a thread in the Lounge entitled, for want of a name, @edf.

Does the above make sense to anyone else?

Technically, yes it does. But in no other sense.

Am contemplating a banana and a nectarine. Neither looks as good as the chocolate in the chocolate machine that is in a room behind me, so I cannot see it but I can hear its siren call.

HAL9000 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> In theory it shouldn't be too difficult to

> integrate twitter into the forum's software - a

> bit like an RSS feed. (I'm not sure it would be

> effective the other way around given the

> restriction on message length.)

>

> If someone were set up a twitter account named,

> say, @edf then those with their own twitter

> accounts could send twitters to @edf and they

Can we all please boycott this horrible idea. Although I enjoy chatting with all the EDF regulars I don't particularly want to know what they're doing every waking minute of the day.

It's bad enough having Quids and Mick Mac bleating on about where and when they should lay their bets.

>

One did have a revelation. Twitter has certainly taught a lesson about brevity. Perhaps we could restrict some posters here to the rules of twitter in terms of number of characters?

What do you say Tony, old chap?

mockney piers Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I hate twitter, its the epitome of the solipsistic

> nature of blogging and 'social networking'. Me me,

> look at me, I'm important!!!

Social networking right here my friend. Twitter / EDF - little difference (what I bought from the shop thread...?)

Twitter's a good way of spreading the word on small news (e.g. the campaign I'm working on right now) or big news (Iran - and in the case of Iran, was way ahead of the mainstream media). And as for the importance of ego - any more really than look what book I read / music I listen to, I'm really cool. Same thing, slightly different medium.