Is East Dulwich really this Straight?

Hi mattindulwich18, I hope this thread has answered your question. What might happen next is that as the thread has gone off topic and is getting "chatty" so The Administrator may step in and move it to the Lounge area, you may have seen the word "Lounged" mentioned elsewhere on the site.

It usually happens when someone drops into a thread something along the lines that East Dulwich was better 100 years/10 years/1 year ago when there were no babies (and accompanying prams) around, everyone was poor but incredibly happy, the pubs were just perfect, all the shops were open and selling only things you needed and people in Clapham stayed in Clapham. There's also a few who just drop something like the aforementioned into conversation just to wind people up.

Sorry, gone off topic haven't I :-$

Alan

If using Cleethorpes as shorthand for "a land far far away" from ED is a problem for you then I am happy to use my hometown (Cork) as a substitute. When I were a lad we didn't even know what a Mexican restaurant or Italian Shoe was, much less be envious of those towns that did have them

And Mockney - you have already been told off for using emoticons as a cheap substitute for good writing - sort it ! (6)

Ok - I know this is going to lounge this thread .. but honestly (to quote Wiki):

hot pink - sexuality

red - life

orange - healing

yellow - sunlight

green - nature

turquoise - magic

blue - serenity

violet - spirit

It's enough to turn a girl straight...

I saw the rainbow colours, each with a description, and for one slightly uneasy moment thought the EDF was going to be tutored in the handkerchief code.:-$ Nero

PS Don't let DM see this. She thought dogging was sub-Sade depravity wise.

For all of you who are sick of ED, I highly recommend a holiday home in Burnley, Lancs. Plenty of authentic pound shops, a Gala Bingo, Lidl and the highlight of the town centre.......a new Job Centre. Food options are chips, rank kebabs, and All You Can Eat Whippets. Not forgetting the memorable trip to Turf Moor Football ground to see the Clarets and eat a Baltic Chicken Pie with free salmonella guaranteed. Local pastimes include hanging out at the bus station, and betting on how many fights you will see in town on a Saturday night.

3 bed terraced houses from only ?40k (a steep increase from the ?15k they were a few years back, mind). I am sure there are a few locals who would consider a Cultural Exchange.

Yours

A Burnley Girl.