former East Dulwich councillor - how can I help?

Hi Phil,

If you email me your delight I'll happilly pass to the relevant council manager.

The Veolia contract generally works well. Ideally you would put your bin out onthe appointed day so the bin people can concentrate of helping those unabel to move the wheelie bins.

I remember reviewing it all those years ago. The then government insisted that it we allow 500 missed collected per 100,000 and wouldnt allow us to budge - we wanted 200 - and still provide PFI credits from the government for the Veolia cotnract.

It now generally runs well below 500.

Post Office have appleid to have a mega revamp of the Post Office at 76 Lordship Lane. I've attached the proposed new look and plans.

You can see the full planning application here - http://planbuild.southwark.gov.uk/documents/?casereference=15/AP/1432&system=DC

What do you think?

Idea is to make it friendlier, some self-service, more open counters and one secure counter.

I agree Bic Basher.

Hopefully the self-service element will turn the loss they make here into a surplus making our Crown Post Office financially secure. Part of making the whole Post Office network fiancially more secure using a ?1.34billion Post Office investment fund from the Lib dem part of the coalition.

Bic Basher Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> The good news about this proposal is that the PO

> remains a standard crown PO with no additional

> retail outlet.

>

> I've used the self service terminals at a central

> London PO and it does speed up transactions.

It does, providing people know how to use them. Every time I try to use one oif the four ones at London Bridge Station, there are at least 3 people asking the poor PO employee what the difference between a small parcel and a large parcel is, or how to fill out a customs form.

Peckham Rye Park / Common litter problem on Saturday.

Council officers hav just told me -

"

We have been bringing in additional resources leading up to last weekend whenever the weather forecast has indicated the weather will be good. The forecast last Friday was for a poor weekend which impacted on the plans made for Saturday and Sunday. Additional litter clearance provision which includes the larger cage bins that are put out on the common is in place to start this bank holiday weekend and throughout the summer.

"

The Southwark Council parking fine system has been down for 2-3 days. It is now fully operational again.

You will not be penalised if you've missed payment deadlines due to this.

This is exceptionally rare - first time I've been aware in 9 years of being a councillor.

Any problems please let me know.

New parking restrictions coming - Southwark Council reference PRP/ND/TMO1516-009

Full details here:

http://www.southwark.gov.uk/download/downloads/id/11954/local_parking_issues_-_public_notice_dated_30_april_2015

My summary of local changes:

ADYS ROAD, to introduce ?at any time? waiting restrictions on both sides at its junction with Oglander Road;

ARDBEG ROAD, to introduce ?at any time? waiting restrictions on both sides at its junction with Half Moon Lane;

BECKWITH ROAD, to introduce ?at any time? waiting restrictions on the north-west side at its junction with Wyneham Road;

DANECROFT ROAD, to introduce ?at any time? waiting restrictions: on both sides at its junction with Herne Hill, and [ii] on both sides at its junction with Elmwood Road;

DULWICH VILLAGE, to introduce a short length of ?at any time? waiting restrictions on the west side outside No. 60 Dulwich Village, in front of a vehicle footway crossover;

ELFINDALE ROAD, to introduce ?at any time? waiting restrictions on both sides at its junction with Elmwood Road;

ELMWOOD ROAD, to introduce ?at any time? waiting restrictions? on the north-west side at its junction with Danecroft Road, [ii] on the north-west and west side at its junction with Frankfurt Road, [iii] on the south-west side at its junction with Elfindale Road, and [iv] on the south-east and east side at its junction with Wyneham Road;

FOREST HILL ROAD, to introduce a short length of ?at any time? waiting restrictions on the south-west side outside No. 76 Forest Hill Road, in front of a vehicle footway crossover;

FRANKFURT ROAD, to introduce ?at any time? waiting restrictions on both sides at its junction with Elmwood Road;

HALF MOON LANE, to introduce ?at any time? waiting restrictions on the north-west side at its junction with Ardbeg Road;

HERNE HILL, to introduce ?at any time? waiting restrictions on the south-east side at its junction with Danecroft Road;

MARMORA ROAD, to introduce a short length of ?at any time? waiting restrictions on the north-west side outside No. 60 Marmora Road, in front of a vehicle footway crossover;

OGLANDER ROAD, to introduce ?at any time? waiting restrictions on the south-east side at its junction with Adys Road;

SHAWBURY ROAD, to extend an existing free short stay parking place on the north-east side outside Shawbury Court, [ii] to provide two new limited stay disabled persons parking places on the north-east side outside Shawbury Court and on the south-west side outside No. 2 Shawbury Road, [iii] to provide a new loading bay on the south-west side at the flank of No. 117 Lordship Lane, and [iv] to introduce new lengths of ?at any time? waiting restrictions in front of vehicle footway crossovers on the north-east side adjacent to Shawbury Court and on the south-west side adjacent to No. 2 Shawbury Road;

WYNEHAM ROAD, to introduce ?at any time? waiting restrictions: on both sides at its junction with Elmwood Road, and [ii] on both sides at its junction with Beckwith Road.

Any concerns please get in touch.

East Dulwich Road will be closed Thursday 28th and Friday 29th May between Goose Green roundabout and Ady's Road for resurfacing.

I've asked whether it really is a total road closure - with buses and vehciles diverted - or just severe disruption with traffic lights. The attached implies the former.

Throughout I've been assured the pavements will remain open.

Hi James,

I voted for you and not just to get you to answer this question:

People on UplandRoad have been using a Brown Bin by the Goodrich School as an everything bin full of whatever.

I pulled it over to mine and taped a note explaining the obvious: Please empty with the Green Bins as this is every sort of waste

Well, today was Green Bin Day. The bin collectors ripped off the note dropped that on the ground and left the full of waste Brown Bin

How to get this wrongly used brown bin collected as general waste?

Thanks

Hi James,

Please can you look into the question of the lights at EDG / Townley Road as a matter of some urgency. Some of us are concerned that the phasing has been 'tweaked' to make the pre-change situation look worse, so that the delays caused by the changes won't look so bad. We need assurance that this is not the case.

http://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/read.php?5,1426742,page=30

lpool Wrote:

> In recent weeks there has been a noticeable tail

> back of traffic coming down Dog Kennel Hill as

> caughts at red lights just before East Dulwich

> Station. This is because the feeder bus lane

> lights have been left on auto and means that they

> constantly switch between the bus lane and road

> about every 30-45 secs despite no buses.

> Previously the bus lane was operated by

> approaching buses. The result is a large build up

> of traffic causing congestion back to the top of

> the hill, as well as preventing flow of traffic

> out of Edgar Kail Way.

>

> Is it possible to ask Southwark Transport section

> to revert back original bus operated system.

Hello James, you said that you would ask for this to be fixed, but so far the phasing of the lights does not seem to have been changed. Can you please let us know what response you have had from Southwark? Many thanks.

Hi James. Wondering if you could point me in the right direction as to who to raise this with. On upland road, there is a house up for sale which seems to be having quite a bit of work to it. It is a house which is right next to the Goodrich school crossing (the part where the road has been narrowed to allow only a one directional flow of traffic at a time to allow children to cross safely). A sign appeared a week or so ago saying the pavement would be closed for a length of 3 days and listed the dates. As it was, the work only started after these dates and nearly a week on, that section of pavement is still closed. They have rubbed the dates off the sign but not put anything else up. They have had a drop kerb fitted to allow for off road parking. It means that those walking on this side of the road can not access the school crossing point as it is all blocked off. Children are having to either cross before this where there is no crossing or are forced to walk along the road to access the crossing. Either way is very dangerous. Also, I wonder if having a driveway access right next to the crossing is the best idea? Your thoughts/guidance in who to raise this with would be appreciated. Many thanks.

James am I right in thinking that children will be attending 'school' in the old Police station from September?

If so, from the outside it does not look as though anything is going on.

Lights by ED station and DKH, traffic situation not helped by having 2 sets of lights within metres of each other as travellers from the station are crossing every few minutes, would it not be more logical just to have the station lights. Most of the buses do not use the bus filter lane on the other lights.

Pugwash Wrote:

>>

> Lights by ED station and DKH, traffic situation

> not helped by having 2 sets of lights within

> metres of each other as travellers from the

> station are crossing every few minutes, would it

> not be more logical just to have the station

> lights. Most of the buses do not use the bus

> filter lane on the other lights.

Unless I've misunderstood the lights you mean, aren't the set after the station lights as you go up DKH the ones where traffic and pedestrians go in and out of the road leading up to Sainsbury's?

I can't see how you could remove those without causing huge problems?

Sue, my understanding is that the problem is with the bus filter light for the buses coming down Dog Kennel Hill. My understanding is that stopping the traffic coming down Dog Kennel Hill to allow the buses to go first is causing tailbacks, particularly when there aren't any buses or the buses are in with the rest of the traffic, so not using that lane anyway.

Coming down DKH especially between 5 and 7 pm, you have the lights at top of the hill, then the ones near sainsburys

plus those other lights which are activated by pedestrians crossing over DKH to get to supermarket/park etc, then the 2 sets of lights where bus filters are then outside station. I suggest keep lights at station but remove the lights where the bus filter is.

Oh OK. I thought the problem with that bus filter was because the settings had recently been changed so that it was on auto and set to allow only buses past even when there were no buses?

Which was then causing tailbacks of non-bus traffic at these lights?

There was another post (or thread) about that?

Apologies if I've totally misunderstood!

Hi James,

I would like to petition to have a zebra crossing where the flying pig / goose green playground are. That is a very busy area and people constantly try to cross there.

How can we make that happen?

-LD929