Friday Night Dad's Club

Mick Mac

Friday night Dads, eh?

The week spent at work. Mum opening the fridge at 5:30 every afternoon, looking at the wine bottle, quickly shutting the door. Dad sweating on the 19:23 from London Bridge, walking up Lordship Lane, head down past all the drinkers having fun. Perhaps the children will still be up, it would be nice to read them a story. Haven't seen them for more than a minute since Tuesday. Stride quickens as he nears the front door.

Silence from inside. Wife staring at a computer screen, glass at her elbow.

"Hi," she says, "We need milk."

Is all one big contradiction though. Nobody is going to feel bad about the actual taking of a drug and nobody is not going to take it just because it is illegal.

They can, justifiably make people feel bad about the people who are hurt in the trafficking though.

However if the government made the drug legal the supply would be controlled and nobody would get hurt. The people who take it would still take it and those who don?t wouldn?t.

So you go round and round in circles.

I fear if they legalised them everyone in the entire country would immediately run out and buy a bag of skunk, 3 grams of charlie, a handful of pills, some crack, smack, whiz bangers, goof balls, flaming montagues (both colours), and a sugar bowl full of crystal meth.

It would be complete chaos, OAPs, nuns, schools children, undertakers in dirty aprons and butchers with cleavers all wild eyed and crazy like, running around the streets like rabid donkeys.

The trains would stop running and 10 000 years of European civilisation would disintegrate in a week.

georgia Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> BBW seems to get away with a lot of stuff IMO, and

> I think his numerous inane, often insulting,

> threads / posts are ruining this Forum.

Hi Georgia

Its seems to me like the forum is significantly more fun with BBW part of it. Sure he oversteps the line sometimes and perhaps he is a little too confident at the moment.

I certainly do not think he is ruining the forum - the Lounge is hilarious at times and he for me is one of the most interesting characters and he provokes interesting responses from different people.

I personally am not offended by BBW generally but I guess its for Admin to decide how he wants the forum to develop and at the moment BBW is on a long leash. The Forum is many things to different people and he is really only active in the Lounge (not sure if he's allowed anywhere else)

We all have different opinions, so in defence of BBW, I'm putting mine forward.

"I am alarmed that this conversation, which appeared to condone the abuse of illegal drugs was permitted to continue in this forum."

It wasn't the first and wont be the last. I've seen several references in the past to people on the forum taking coke on a night out or to have lazed the afternoon away with a joint. You've just taken the chance to start on me because you see me as a common target compared to your friends.

"One of my biggest fears for my children is that they would take drugs which can cause havoc to their health and personal lives."

There are many pitfalls and traps your children are going to face during their upbringing and adult life. I find it a pretty cheap tactic to drag your kids into this argument. Your children could be put in a wheelchair by a distracted motorist. I don't see you jumping down the necks of people that admit to enjoy motoring or indeed, a bit of speed in their journey. There's also a gambling thread on this forum that you've neglected to address the negative impact it could have on your childrens lives.

"The manufacture of drugs is used to fund terrorism and is tied up in crime. The use of alcohol is just not the same. BBW doesn't appear to be able to tell the difference between fact and fiction."

Your first sentence is undeniably true but the same is so concerning the sale of illegal fake designer goods, perfume, cigarettes etc... I've never seen you accuse someone of funding terrorism for buying a hooky handbag. Alcohol does induce crime you fool. Your last sentence is where the hypocricy becomes too much too stomach. You insist on indulging on an alternate life of excess in your blog. It's been explained to you that you seem to have trouble disearning yourself from the character you promote and the flesh and blood woman manning the keyboard.

You seem to have a skewed logic and bring up your own facts and figures when it suits you or the argument/fight you're pursuing. Take Sean's and my advice. Stick to your corner and I'll stick to mine because you clearly dislike it when I bite back and I dislike your constant yet futile attempts at picking a fight. Get a life/grip.

Keef: "I do however, question the need for BBW somewhat drawn out tale of his Friday night."

It wasn't a tale and it most certainly wasn't drawn out Keef. Certainly not as lengthy as some of the carry-on's I've seen you publish on here.

Jeremy: "Yep...Booze, drugs, fight, black guys (cos they think we're cool) But would you expect anything else from BBW?

I find this to be one of the most noxious posts on yet another thread dragging me through the mud. Yes I had a drink, yes I snorted some coke. I didn't have a fight. This may come as a stark surprise to you Jeremy but I was brought up round here and went to school where the demograph was pretty much half and half of white British and Black second and third generation of Carribean extraction. I don't see black guys as some sort of fashion accessory that so many others do. Some of my good friends are black or mixed race and they're pleasant company, for me anyway.

Georgia: "BBW seems to get away with a lot of things in my opinion, and I think his numerous inane, often insulting threads/posts are ruining this forum"

You have absolutly no idea as to how hard my hands are tied. Many others get up to far worse on here, including many of the regulars but because there seems to be a group of friends that stick together, they don't mind some of the truly nasty comments that are bandied about on here against other. You only ever come on here when you need someone to go out for a drink with you. Post some threads of your own for a change if mine bother you so much.

Right...

Are there any other scathing comments you lot would like to start stirring up?

The truth is that anything I seem to do (well, quite a bit) is going to cause some sort of discontent mainly because I don't have a great deal to do with the average age group on here. I'm still actually, relatively much younger than most of you. I'm 25 so I still like to go out and behave irresponsibly and take the odd bit of coke.

I'm not a habitual drug taker either. I smoke a bit of pot on the weekends and the last time I did coke before this was many months ago.

SeanMacGabhann Wrote:

> See if a Thread is called Friday NIght dad's club,

> I'm just not going to read it until it's too late

>

> Charlie is shite, as keef says, but not just

> because it's so badly cut AND makes you obnoxious,

> but because unlike alcohol, it's manufacture is

> predicated entirely on the exploitation of others

> and anyone who won't take responsibility for where

> their sheeeeet comes from is an idiot

>

> On top of THAT, I'm sure BBW was allowed to run

> rampant again by Admin, on certain provisos. If I

> were he, I would play a more cautious game

>

> If I were Dulwichmum, I would refrain from

> engaging with BBW directly given their past

>

> And yes I know this post makes me sound like a

> school prefect all over again - so be it

Yes, agree with "Head boy Sean"

Now can you make them kneel in total silence and balance books on their heads.

W**F

* Dreams of being seans fag*

bigbadwolf Wrote:

> I find this to be one of the most noxious posts on

> yet another thread dragging me through the mud.

> Yes I had a drink, yes I snorted some coke. I

> didn't have a fight. This may come as a stark

> surprise to you Jeremy but I was brought up round

> here and went to school where the demograph was

> pretty much half and half of white British and

> Black second and third generation of Carribean

> extraction. I don't see black guys as some sort of

> fashion accessory that so many others do. Some of

> my good friends are black or mixed race and

> they're pleasant company, for me anyway.

OK. It was a joke. Just taking the piss. That's all.

The Rabid Donkeys were indeed a band destined for greatness until their self destructive, uncontrolled, drug habits eroded their creativity and caused them to fall apart in the face of that 'difficult' second single.

Mind you, they were a lot better if you were off your tits.

BTW, don't be so hard on the wolfboy, he only wants to be loved...

"BTW, don't be so hard on the wolfboy, he only wants to be loved..."

I don't by any means mind people making fun of me or prodding me. I just take exception to a jumped up hypocrite sniping at me.

I don't want to be loved by any of you (except Moos, annaj and RosieH, obviously) either. Just listened to.

I'd say you probably are listened to, and my comment earlier wasn't meant as a dig, I just thought your story could have been summed up as

"Had a bit of a mad one in the Capitol, got p!ssed up, and did some of the naughty powder. There was a fight too".

But as you say, I probably go on a bit sometimes too.

I still stick by my comment that charlie is rubbish these days though, but then again, it was never really a favourite of mine.

The nicest girls on the forum are as follows:

Annaj - She's clever, humerous and I bet she's quite fit as well (Sorry BN5).

Moos - She's got a lovely telephone voice and I bet she smells great.

RosieH - Not afraid of me which makes her good sport. I like blondes as well.

Leagleeagle-ish - Has done things in her life that would make my travels pale in comparison. She also likes my rude jokes.

???? - She's got a beard now so I doubt I'll be paying her a visit now.

Brendan - Has the best fashion sense out of all of then. Like's the taste of blood as well.

Keef Wrote:

I just

> thought your story could have been summed up as

>

> "Had a bit of a mad one in the Capitol, got p!ssed

> up, and did some of the naughty powder. There was

> a fight too".

Keef

This really made me laugh out loud.

See you're sounding more like a bona fide "Dad" everyday.

I have a mental picture of a pipe smoking flat cap wearer dishing out wurthers originals after "a chat" with the lad !

"Off you go & BEHAVE now" Hands on your lower back, flexing the knees.....Hmmm

Nice !

W**F