Friday Night Dad's Club

Mick Mac

Well you're certainly entitled to your opinion DM. I on the other hand don't find it polite for you to harp on about all the witchcraft you employ to keep a desperate grip on the youth I and you once did enjoy.

I'm sure you got up to far worse when you were my age. You do remember that time in your life don't you dear?

bigbadwolf Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Well you're certainly entitled to your opinion DM.

> I on the other hand don't find it polite for you

> to harp on about all the witchcraft you employ to

> keep a desperate grip on the youth I and you once

> did enjoy.

What are you on about now? You really have lost the plot sweetie. Not everyone takes drugs when they are young BBW, perhaps give that one a little thought as you sober up in your Lewisham bedsit.

"What are you on about now?"

Your hagard veil of masking your declining youth and reliance on a electronic organ/muscle stimulator i.e "The Slendercrone".

"You really have lost the plot sweetie."

Not by a long shot, sweetie.

"Not everyone takes drugs when they are young BBW, perhaps give that one a little thought as you sober up in your Lewisham bedsit."

This is indeed true DM. It's also also true that some adults enjoy the ocassional dalliance with controlled substances now and again (Alcohol?). Perhaps think about that while you clean up in that Southwark bed-bath you rely on.

I think it's gone a bit beyond total reconciliation Jah but...

Come on DM. I know our sense of humour differs greatly and that we wouldn't make great company in the real world but if you stay to your corner and me mine then I'll see to it that my presence on the forum doesn't send too many ripples your way.

I may not get on with you but I'd be a liar if I said I didn't find any of your contributions funny. Some of them are.

I am alarmed that this conversation, which appeared to condone the abuse of illegal drugs was permitted to continue in this forum.

One of my biggest fears for my children is that they would take drugs which can cause havoc to their health and personal lives. The manufacture of drugs is used to fund terrorism and is tied up in crime. The use of alcohol is just not the same. BBW doesn't appear to be able to tell the difference between fact and fiction.

See if a Thread is called Friday NIght dad's club, I'm just not going to read it until it's too late

Charlie is shite, as keef says, but not just because it's so badly cut AND makes you obnoxious, but because unlike alcohol, it's manufacture is predicated entirely on the exploitation of others and anyone who won't take responsibility for where their sheeeeet comes from is an idiot

On top of THAT, I'm sure BBW was allowed to run rampant again by Admin, on certain provisos. If I were he, I would play a more cautious game

If I were Dulwichmum, I would refrain from engaging with BBW directly given their past

And yes I know this post makes me sound like a school prefect all over again - so be it

A few people on here go on all the time about having a spliff. So why act so outraged when BBW says he had some charlie on the weekend? OK so he does rather go on about it, in the boring way that people who take coke tend to do... it may me tedious, but not particularly offensive (to me at least).

DM - it's hard to tell when you're posting in character and when you're trying to be serious... but there's a pretty high chance that your kids will try drugs of some description in the future. The best you can do is to make sure that when the time comes, they're equipped to make an informed decision.

He could do with an editor, I agree. But seriously, if we're all so fullae the banter ourselves, Georgia, then let's get to it and start chopping out some one liners. It's not as if he's stopping anyone posting.

PS: BBW is BBW's favouritist topic, btw. Altho' I am guilty of feeding that one myself, of course.

Partly because there is a tolerant/relaxed view about spliffs in British society in general I would imagine. Plus you or I, could grow some at home if we wanted. It doesn't need the vast army of trafficking that cocaine does.

But I'm not offended by BBW's posting about taking it - I just don't think it is the same as saying you have a spliff.

I was thinking along Jeremy's lines to be honest. Many people on here, not least me, have talked about having a smoke, and people have mentioned class A's before. I do however, question the need for BBW's somewhat drawn out macho tale of his Friday night. DM, I'd guestimate that the majority of teens will try drugs at some stage, but the vast majority will decide it was fun at the time, but not worth the headache.

The latest govt anti-drugs 'infomercial' represents an interesting departure from the norm: the explicit message isn't 'don't take drugs', it's 'when you take drugs, don't drive'.

If the UK government has managed to allow itself a more realistic view of drugtaking, then I think the forum can - though it all depends on presentation, of course (see Keef above)

Not all drugs have anything to do with terrorism or crime. Indeed some grow in fields entirely of their own accord, or on suburban windowsills with a little help, or are produced legally in industrial facilities with the same rigour as, say, margerine or paracetamol.

Keef Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I do however, question the need for BBW's somewhat drawn out macho tale of his Friday night.

Yep... booze, drugs, fight, black guys (cos they think we're cool). But would you expect anything else from BBW?