EDF Drinks at Hoopers

Sorry to be totally random and off topic but 'ChavWivaLawDegree' I just saw your link to your green page on another thread and recognised you, I met you yesterday! At the Peckham Pulse with your daughter!!! What a small world!

Sorry to thread crash!:-$

what do you old timers/ regulars and long standing forumities do to innocent first timer forum goers at these get-to-gethers? (depending on whether said first timers are able to pluck up the courage to enter the den of this seemingly intimate and tightly knit community of yours).....I have visions of entering the Ivanhoe alone (Mr MW74 thinks it would be best I suss you all out before hand!!!!??)and then being pounced on and quizzed about everything I've ever written on these pages (thinks back to recall if she's ever offended any of the old timers/regulars).....and then made to drink a flamming Sambuca in some weird sort of initiation ceremony. Of course you could all ignore me and shun the first timer and then I'd have to buy my own flamming Sambuca, wouldn't I.

surely the best expression yet posted by anyone of "the fear" of attending a drink up for first time?

First-up MW74 I would say you have safety in numbers - I think quite a few newcomers are coming along on Friday.

Secondly, as has been mentioned in many a thread, we've all been there and been bowled over by how friendly everyone is in the flesh

It's not what we do to you you need to be worried about. It's what you do to yourself. Come Saturday morning you will wonder what hit you....

oh sh*it. And I've done so well at cutting back on the booze for the sake of my finish time for a 10k I'm doing later this month! It could all be destroyed in a few hours.

I know you probably are all very nice people in the flesh (not that I want to see any of you flesh, you understand)

It'll feel like a cross between going on a blind date and being the new girl at school.

story so far..

Magdala

EDT

CPT

Drum

Clockhouse

Gowlett

Hoopers*

Plough*

in that order I think.

Though the first one was really just the CPT crowd, Andrew Black and the adminstrator.

Yes worry ye not, it's usually pretty chilled, very friendly and not full of internet weirdness.

Well, apart from the chap in the chicken outfit who hangs just at the edge of my vision, telling me to kill them....kill them all!!!!!

* to come

We've been thru quite a few PF: the Magdala, EDT, The Drum, CPT, Clockhouse; the Black Cherroir and Inside 72 were a bit small/busy to accommodate, the Bishop was a bit crowded and the Palmerston & Franklins probably a bit too foodie for us roustabouts.

It's quite fun checking out more back street pubs even if they're not strictly SE22.

I should add that the ED electoral ward is different to SE22, and that strictly speaking we're in Camberwell Friern (hence the purportedly 'wrong' sign that last for years at GG saying 'welcome to Camberwell'. With that bundle of unresovled technicalities we thus ensure fertile grounds for debate.

This map shows some of the places we've all considered.*

*Edited so it works now!

the nearest boozer to me is The Herne; but I cannot go in there anymore because I age ten years just by walking through the door. And then the next nearest is the Rye. What about the Page 2 now that is not going to be fogged up with smoke it may seem more decent. They've got a flyer out about some night where the music swerves from Led Zepp, to the Muppets and back to James Taylor. Just an ide for future forum events/meet ups.