Single men in East D?

emc

It's funny, Steve T, that most of my girlfriends (who are happily married or partnered up) were the ones with property, capital etc when they met their blokes and with few exceptions it was the men who moved into the women's properties, had their debts paid off etc....me included.

Yet my ex husband seemed to think he was entitled to my house, my money etc,etc even though I was left with a young baby and had given him nearly ?30k already paying off his debts due his general uselessness...so I think your scenario of horrible, money grabbing women taking men for all they've got in a divorce is rather old fashioned as it's not what I have experienced at all. Of course there are women out there like that I'm sure, and am sorry if that's how you see things.

Anyway, didn't want this to turn into a debate on divorce as actually that's not the issue for me - am not in any way bitter or put off marriage/relationships. I just chose very badly but that's my mistake to deal with and move on from.

No beer gut? No addictions, except one to washing? Own teeth? What! all of the bast@rds?

An insistence on gainful employment? Psychotic behaviour a deal breaker?

It's no wonder there's so many single women lying around.

It's one thing to have standards, it's entirely another to not be prepared to lower them.

So get down from your hire purchase horses and mingle with the likes of Peckwich, Ded Liver and DbBoy, you'll feel all the better for it after.

Most likely.

I have never minded bathing a lady before massaging her in the bedroom and then having my wicked way.

I enjoy investing in soap and hot water, bath foam to please myself or the lady.

I am not considered to be tight daizie quite the reverse, in fact some of my ex's have mentioned my generosity, so we are not all stinky, tight fisted, no-hopers.

You just seem to get that type is all. I rather admire that you can 'adapt' your stadards it shows that you're a game girl. Good for you.

SteveT Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I have never minded bathing a lady before

> massaging her in the bedroom and then having my

> wicked way.

> I enjoy investing in soap and hot water, bath foam

> to please myself or the lady.

> I am not considered to be tight daizie quite the

> reverse, in fact some of my ex's have mentioned my

> generosity, so we are not all stinky, tight

> fisted, no-hopers.

> You just seem to get that type is all. I rather

> admire that you can 'adapt' your stadards it shows

> that you're a game girl. Good for you.

Just so I haven't missed anything (makes 'whoosh' gesture over head with hand), you are flirting with Daizie, aren't you Steve?

Apologies if I'm being crass, it's just that I've been missing signals lately.

Over 20+ years ago I was visited by a Californian lady who I had met whilst visiting my brother there.I think we were in love but I was informed that on her return to CA she did inquire as so what my salary was from my brother and sister in law.She decided not to leave CA and I can hardly blame her.We never actually met since.

The point of this is not that she was bad to ask, but that with big life changes on the horizon,we seek security. All I would add is that none of us are perfect so try not to expect it. However, whatever your standards are, either stick to them for your own dignity or be open enough to realise that sometimes you may have set the bar unfairly high.

Is that reasonable?

I am surprised no one has organised a single and mingle evening on the back of this thread, ED is full of happy go lucky sexy women and men, Instead of talking about it why not take a risk and do something. If I were single I would, there is a lovely lovely gorgeous did I say lovely guy who I have the biggest crush on In Ed and boy if I were single he would be in a lot of trouble. >:D<.

Peckham is ripe pickings in my opinion as is Brixton. But I am bored of shag friends and was hoping to meet someone to have the occasional conversation with, but while I was pursuing a life of excitement and orgasms, all the stable conversationalists got nabbed by the more canny women folk. So women like me and Dazie are left with the dregs. That's all.

monica Wrote:

> I am surprised no one has organised a single and

> mingle evening on the back of this thread, ED is

> full of happy go lucky sexy women and men, Instead

> of talking about it why not take a risk and do

> something. If I were single I would, there is a

> lovely lovely gorgeous did I say lovely guy who I

> have the biggest crush on In Ed and boy if I were

> single he would be in a lot of trouble. >:D<.

You forgot to mention who it is Monica....

monica Wrote:

> I am surprised no one has organised a single and

> mingle evening

There was an attempt earlier this year. A small group met up at the Plough a couple of times before it fizzled out. It may have failed because it wasn't clear whether it was a singles support group or a night out for single men and women.

See: what do single approaching 40's do in East Dulwich

monica Wrote:

> Do the EDF drinks attract any singles?

I've not conducted a poll at any of the ones I've attended so I don't know. In theory, it should be the perfect place for singles to meet under cover of a friendly social occasion - in practice, that doesn't seem to be happening - as far as I can see, anyway.