Missing Post In East Dulwich (Especially Lordship Lane) not strike related

Will_i_am

Fi85

It is important that we all use the Royal Mail link as the reply from the mail is that they are not awear of a problem in this area ( Load of bol**ks ) so if we all use the link they can't ignore the problem.

Bob S

• 2 weeks later...
I know it's not ED-specific, but I think it would be ridiculous to use that reasoning not to provide a reminder here, that the Dispatches programme tonight on C4/C4+1 at 8/9pm is called Post Office Undercover. It's a follow-up to their previous exposures of "serious systemic and individual failures within the organisation."

I have had a cheque book stolen and someone went into a branch in Clapham and tried to use it. When I reported it to the police they said it was a problem in the area. I was also annoyed with the bank who knew something dodgy was going on but did nothing to apprehend the culprit.

Hi,

I live on Lordship Lane and I know of at least 3 parcels addressed to me that have gone missing. Another two parcels were taken to Sylvester Road, but I never got a notification that they had attempted to deliver them (I only got them because I went and asked).

Normal mail seems to go missing as well, and I get mail for the people next door nearly on a weekly basis.

Have to say that I'm really rather miffed about how bad things are at the moment, but not sure what to do!

Polkadotty Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> > Have to say that I'm really rather miffed about

> how bad things are at the moment, but not sure

> what to do!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

REPORT IT TO ROYAL MAIL!!!!

Sorry to shout but have you read this thread?

I've posted the link about three times now. Just scroll up a bit.

Each time something goes wrong, REPORT IT USING THIS LINK!

They have to give you a reference number, and they have to let you know what action they have taken.

If you don't use this link, there is no record of the report anywhere and we will just keep getting told that mail problems in East Dulwich are the same as everywhere else. If that's true, heaven help us all.

• 1 year later...

Hello everyone,

I'm bringing this thread back to life to let you know that these problems don't seem to have been sorted out yet.

I run an online business based in Aberdeen, Scotland.

I had an order from a customer in Lordship Lane and posted the order on May 7th 2011.

To date (25th May 2011) the order has not been delivered, even though it was sent by Royal Mail Recorded Delivery.

I've used the link above to make a complaint to Royal Mail, with a link to this thread in the complaint.

Hopefully, someone at Royal Mail will read this thread and realise just how bad the service from East Dulwich Delivery Office is.

I was given a phone number for East Dulwich Delivery Office by Royal Mail Customer Services. The number is 02084658378.

Every time I've tried to phone it, it just rings out or is busy. I suspect it's deliberately left off the hook or unanswered.

Mark,

i have recently moved into the area and live on a road off Lordship Lane. I have ordered quite a bit of stuff off the net and had to have 3 of the items resent. I contacted the seller who assured me they had been sent. I am having to have everything sent recorded which is a pain because i am not there to sign for it and have to go to the post office. I thought i was just unlucky. Good old royal mail eh, and they wonder why the Govt wants to privitise them.(6) If anyone from the post office is reading this, now is your chance to defend yourselves.

Most of the regular and permanent staff in Silvester Road are actually good and caring - but they do have problems with temporary/ relief staff - often they welcome complaints as well, as they don't like offering a poor service either and it sometimes seems the only way that action against poorly performing staff can be taken. There are also problems on occasion in the sorting office 'above' them - so that mail doesn't even get to them to be sorted and delivered in the first place.

I'm afraid the Mail has always been a target for employment by petty thieves, where pickings can be (comparatively) rich and frequently, it appears, risk free. Much like dock-work in the old days of casual labour.

The service from Peckham Delivery office for parcels is at least as good, or even better,than comparable services from the private sector.

It falls apart when they have to use casual staff, who do things like stuffing recorded delivery cards through the door without even bothering to knock, leaving parcels at other addresses in the street without permission, and even leaving parcels on the doorstep. It is defintely the casual staff in our case, not the regular employees, I have apoken with them on occasions when they have eg left parcels on the doorstep.

Apparently these days the casual staff are engaged through external agencies, not by the RM itself? It occurs to me that perhaps someone should be going undercover in an employment agency, to find out exactly how much they do for their money.

Do they offer training about who the postperson can leave parcels with, or even bother to check references or background?

Been getting post okay lately, but this week I had to redeliver 3 letters posted to the wrong address (all arrived on the same day.. for the house next door and the one next door to that), and last week I had to redeliver 1 for the house next door.

• 1 month later...
The last two items we've ordered from Amazon on free delivery (ie no tracking) have failed to arrive. I know Amazon are very efficient and they have said when they were handed over to Royal Mail. The stuff must be being nicked somewhere along the Royal Mail chain. Not necessarily in ED. Very annoying.