Bellenden Road

After months of stress, it looks like the Katsu Family will be moving soon, hooray! We hoping to move to Bellenden Road, it seems like such a nice street and we can't wait..but suddenly I am having a wobble. After living in SE22 for years, are we making a mistake moving to SE15, albeit "practically" in East Dulwich?

And what about primary schools? Will I bitterly regret moving here in 3 years time when MiniKatsu starts primary school? Am I dooming him to underachievement forever because I haven't moved into the catchment area for St Anthony's\Heber\Goodrich? Aaarrgghhh.I'm trying not to be an anxious parent, but some of the threads on here about schools make me really nervous...

Please reassure me!! (Or send me a PM if it;s not good)

Mrs Katsu, only a fortune teller could really tell you what will be the school fate of mini katsu in 3 years time. It looks pretty likely that by then we will have a Tory government who could change the admission procedures. Schools reputation and popularity wax and wane. Bellenden primary is currently ofsted outstanding (i think) st john's is very popular, you may like a school even though it is not currently the in thing. There may be another school built (well you never know), an exodus of kids from the area etc etc

You may also be in catchment for Dog Kennel Hill and Lyndhurst. Oh and the Villa although private is lovely and nearby.

Chill, it's ages away and you cannot guarantee entry to a dead cert 2 years hence (not state anyway)

Keep an eye on things, chat to parents who have children at your nearest school, go visit them in a year or two and when the time comes choose wisely.

Enjoy your new home.

Bellenden Road area is brilliant for kids. The school situation is tricky wherever you live in London, but there are sure to be some great schools around there. I hear good things about Ivydale and Lyndhurst primaries, as well as the Villa (quite a reasonably priced private school), from the kids that I teach (I teach piano).

we moved to the bellenden area this spring, and i absolutely love it- perfect location for my 22 month old, with lovely parks, peckham pulse, cafes, playgroups. I do however worry about schools as at the moment we cant afford the villa, and our nearest school I think is Oliver Goldsmith, which i don't know anything about really- but ive heard good things about Bellenden and Lyndhurst-- and i think its right to withhold judgement- alot can happen in 2 or three years.

We moved here 9 years ago, planned to move to East Dulwich after two and have never wanted to go over to the other side since!!(SE22 is the other side!). We're just about to send our daughter to Bellenden, which I've had reservations about but from what I've seen so far is getting better and better, though ask again in a few months and I'll actually have more experience of it...

I don't know Lorraine, but they have got courses on offer on the wanted section of the forum so maybe there is an email address there you can contact. the wildlife centre itself looks perfect for parties but whether they are allowed I dont know.

I don't know Lorraine, but they have got courses on offer on the wanted section of the forum so maybe there is an email address there you can contact. the wildlife centre itself looks perfect for parties but whether they are allowed I dont know.