What does East Dulwich lack?

cazkid

... South Indian food....where can I get a masala dosa, idli with sambar and chutney or vada for breakfast even.. around here???

And it also needs a good cake-decorating shop...do I really have to go up to town to get edible gold sprinkles and Christmas themed decorations for my amateur baking attempts a la Nigella...... ;-)

I agree..a picturehouse/cinema or everyman cinema. also faster transport links to central London even faster direct route to elephant, london bridge or victoria would be great -bus takes too long to get anywhere! an M&S would be great(nearest is in Brixton..no original ideas then. overall the area is self sufficient really.

katie1997 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> ... South Indian food....where can I get a masala

> dosa, idli with sambar and chutney or vada for

> breakfast even.. around here???

>

> And it also needs a good cake-decorating shop...do

> I really have to go up to town to get edible gold

> sprinkles and Christmas themed decorations for my

> amateur baking attempts a la Nigella...... ;-)

No you don't. It's no ED, but there's a great place on the outskirts of bromley. http://www.cakecraftshop.co.uk/shop/2/

Thought you might like to know. :)

• 1 month later...

KLR2006 Wrote:

> a small cinema like the Clapham Picture House

> would be good.

>

> a good steakhouse

Totally agree with the idea of a picturehouse cinema to watch a good selection of films with a glass of wine (prefer to compare to the Ritzy though - merely for avoidance of the C word)

We do well for restaurants, but a modern chinese (i.e. one which doesn't just serve the same menu as every other chinese restaurant in the country! Sorry Mr Liu) with dim sum would be nice! An Italian would be good as well (El Mirto doesn't count on account of having the atmosphere of a truck stop cafe).

PA Wrote:

> Gimme a decent bakery, record shop, haberdasher, a

> well stocked library to overtake from Foxtons, no

> crazy fools speeding in cars and ramming

> pushchairs and hey presto PA and the rest of us

> can enjoy a stroll down LL again. x

A decent bakery? You mean like the East Dulwich Deli or Luca's or Blackbird (x2) or Ayers in Nunhead or the Flower Power at Peckham Rye farmers market?

And a library - like the one in Peckham....? Or Dulwich Library? Or the small one on Grove Lane?

There's a haberdasher's on North Cross Road on Saturday's and more fabric shops than you could want on both the Lane and Rye Lane.

Oi oi oi.

david_carnell Wrote:

> PA Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Gimme a decent bakery, record shop, haberdasher,

> a

> > well stocked library to overtake from Foxtons,

> no

> > crazy fools speeding in cars and ramming

> > pushchairs and hey presto PA and the rest of us

> > can enjoy a stroll down LL again. x

>

> A decent bakery? You mean like the East Dulwich

> Deli or Luca's or Blackbird (x2) or Ayers in

> Nunhead or the Flower Power at Peckham Rye farmers

> market?

>

> And a library - like the one in Peckham....? Or

> Dulwich Library? Or the small one on Grove Lane?

>

> There's a haberdasher's on North Cross Road on

> Saturday's and more fabric shops than you could

> want on both the Lane and Rye Lane.

>

> Oi oi oi.

You tell him. I agree. What a bizarre list of requests. He/she must walk around with their eyes shut.

Apparently one of the chemists on LL will be closing down and moving near to melbourne practice, apparently i say.

Also, freshly available is the unit in front of the vintage shop on NX rd, opposite to the Blue Mountain. It's available as one whole unit or 3 smaller units.

I wonder what would work there..