Star Wars

siousxiesue

We?re witnessing the perfect PR storm here, fuelled largely by swarms of nostalgia-riddled middle-agers quietly panicking about the onset of their own mortality - and labouring under the delusion that wetting themselves about Star Wars will somehow slow their inexorable slide into the grave.

*Bob* if you are going to take me to the pictures I would rather it were a full priced ticket at the posh local place rather than a meerkat 2 for 1 at Peckhamplex. Not my sort of film, but if you're prepared to throw in a glass of red who am I to argue?

Louisa.

numbers Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Right. So now we've established that *Bob* has

> pre-booked cinema tickets. Anyone else?

*Bob*'s got me sussed, no doubt I'll be sitting next to him, quietly weeping into a large glass of Picpoul De Pinet and shall reflect on my sad, sorry life since I saw the first film (not episode) all those years ago. The wasted years when I could have been an East Dulwich Jedi warrior just like *Bob* fighting the pretension and middle class angst of this corner of south London. It's a children's film get over yourself.

I like the original three films (including all the performances) as they were hoky old shit with lots of shiny bells and whistles. The other films took themselves too seriously - like the Bond films do now too. Will happily watch the new one but probably only when it comes out on dvd.

I like that Seabag.

If this Star Wars is as shit as the first one it will make a lot of people happy I guess.

I'm hoping it's completely different, so that the 48 year old Mick likes it more than the 10 year old kid in me was confused by the original. I really want to like it and will see it out of blind curiosity, with 6 year old child in tow, an imaginative boy by his father's standards.