Concert/Festival on Peckham Rye

Harry73

Zippos only takes over a small portion of the Rye. I'm against more and more big corporate festivals in places like the Rye. It's a shame to see huge portions of Clapham Common portioned off each summer, and also Battersea for the Formula E or Hyde Park for Winter Wonderland. As others have said, parks are a vital green lung for Londoners - many of whom don't have green spaces of their own - and should be predominantly free and open to all.

Why not get round the problem of secondary ticketing by not having tickets in the first place. Make it free, then noone can complain about the park being taken over. Make it a bring your own bottle, that way its really inclusive, if you fancy a flute of champagne, and I most certainly do, thats groovy, but if a bottle of cheap ciders your things thats fab too. And just just ask lots of local bands to play, they may not have the talent or crowd appeal of Adelle, but they wont cost anything either.

Simples (as the kids say!)

http://www.envfair.org.uk/ I've been to this and it's really good, all pretty much unknown bands fairly locally based lots of interesting and alternative market stalls. Something like this on Peckham Rye free of course would be a big attraction I'm sure. Carshalton had dreadful weather 2015 which is always the danger for these outdoor events, but it was still a great atmosphere.

Otta Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> A one day community festival, yes.

>

> A corporate weekender. Hell no!

Totally agree with this.

But I suspect that we don't have the necessary transport infrastructure anyway. And others have raised doubts as to whether the space is actually big enough (the actual open space - "the common" - is far smaller than Victoria Park or Clapham Common).

pipsky2008 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Could you post on this thread any information or

> correspondence that Peckham Rye ward councillors

> have in relation to this subject Cllrs Dr. Hamvas,

> Mills and Edwards. Thanks

Dear Councillors.

As Peckham Rye Councillors, who's wards cover the common and park, I would be glad of your responses to my request.

Thank you

http://www.peckhamryemusicfestival.co.uk/

"THE PECKHAM RYE MUSIC FESTIVAL TAKES PLACE PRIMARILY ON SATURDAY 14TH MAY 2016 SHOWCASING THE BEST LOCAL ARTISTS, DJ?S, RECORD LABELS AND MORE. WE ARE ALSO BRINGING SOME OF THE MOST EXCITING AND RESPECTED NAMES IN UNDERGROUND MUSIC FROM ACROSS THE GLOBE TO OUR CORNER OF SOUTH EAST LONDON."

Excuse the capitals, them not me.

Sounds good... local artists and underground music. Certainly nothing like a Clapham Common "calling" type festival. (Suspect much of the music will not be to my taste, but that's irrelevant I suppose).

Picking on the address of the domain name registration... this is just petty nit-picking. There could be any number of valid reasons - maybe a friend helping out with the website, or someone's parents address, etc. If you are so concerned, mail them and ask about it. Rather than being so bloody negative.

• 3 weeks later...