Issues with Virgin Media - anyone having similar problems?

for those out there saying "whats the problem, switch to another company" etc... NO. I am paying for a specific service and it should come as advertised...

Plus unfortunately the only company that can provide you with proper connection speeds is Virgin media so far. Switching over to another company solves nothing, but creates more trouble.

Virgin called me today after I emailed them at [email protected] complaining.. they said they are aware of the issues in the area but due to the complexity of multiple issues they are dealing with it on a case by case basis .. I was given projected fix date of May & given ?50 quid credited back to my account based on ?10 refund per month for poor performance from Jan till then... was also told if wanted to leave them to go elsewhere they would allow freedom from any contractual obligation ...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

105mbps 3 days ago, today 2mbps - that's the Virgin Media experience for you...

For 9:00am on a Saturday morning that's pretty shoddy.

Down from faster than 80% of the UK, to 65% slower than rest of the UK.

Still, only one month until Virgin's review date of the 18/05/2016 - and then everything will fine - right?

Rob

Dimples, just give VM notice and tell them THEY'RE in breach of contract since they're not providing a reliable service. We threw in the towel a couple of months ago mid contract. Raise the matter with the CEO office who will ensure you don't serve notice. [email protected]. They're well aware that they're unable to provide the service in the area they're charging for pending the "upgrade" they need to do. If it makes you feel more comfortable, run regular speed checks and keep a log. They won't argue.

Yup, 18th of May is the date they're banding around, but not for a fix, but a review.

This means they'll decide whether it's worth fixing (i.e. benefits vs costs to Virgin Media - not a customer-centric decision).

There's been 4 or 5 of these review dates set in the past, with new dates set each time.

So don't get your hopes up.

Personally i'm probably going to bail after this one if they just set a new review date.

Rob

Hi Mick Mack. I think of the main broadband providers you either have cable (Virgin are the only option locally) or ADSL (all the rest using BT infrastructure). However, whilst its technically not necessary to have a landline with Virgin, they bundle this with their TV and broadband in such a way that its more expensive not to have it! End result all the providers are roughly the same price for TV+Phone+Broadband give or take a few pounds and new customer incentives. The Culture Secretary recently proposed scrapping of line rental for households not making fixed line calls and encouraged the main broadband providers to come up with alternative charging models. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-35869222

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...