Issues with Virgin Media - anyone having similar problems?

spent 9 mins on phone to them this eve being passed from pillar to post.

I was eventually offered ?3 back-compensation for the last 2 weeks which have been predominantly a total nightmare.

Eventually I spoke to someone who paid ?72 compensation immediately.

I also cancelled phone and TV.

I now have a rolling one-month for broadband only at 70Mbs, with no tie-in (due to the 'high utilisation' issue in SE22 area).

Let's see how that goes.

I just argued the case politely (I've had a lot of hassle the last few months and have been saved by buying extra data GBs on my mobile) with each person I spoke to.

Just had an email from Virgin confirming the new 'package' and they HAVE charged me the ?14.99 activation fee which they'd told me they would make sure is NOT applied (as part of compensation). So I guess I'll be back on the phone to them tomorrow. Shame because the last guy I spoke with sounded like he actually knew something, hopefully just an innocent mistake on his part.

We complained to Virgin this morning who confirmed that there is indeed a problem with the wires in the area which won't be fixed until "the end of March". They offered a 50% reduction on our ?25 per month BB charge until then (so ?25 in total) so we then pushed for a retrospective refund to cover prior periods of poor service and were offered 3 months worth (so an additional ?37.50) payable immediately. Worth a 10 minute phone call.

interestingly when I called-up saying I wanted to leave, besides upgrading me from 20Mb to 70Mb Virgin said they'd 'make a coupe of tweaks' to ensure I don't get intermittent service from now on.

For the first time in several months I've had a week of uninterrupted broadband - which is actually feeling like a novelty.

So perhaps it's worth asking to be put through to the team to go through the wanting to leave routine, they seem to ask why what's up and try to fix it, maybe it's possible for your area too ? Just a suggestion

KidKruger Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> interestingly when I called-up saying I wanted to

> leave, besides upgrading me from 20Mb to 70Mb

> Virgin said they'd 'make a coupe of tweaks' to

> ensure I don't get intermittent service from now

> on.

> For the first time in several months I've had a

> week of uninterrupted broadband - which is

> actually feeling like a novelty.

> So perhaps it's worth asking to be put through to

> the team to go through the wanting to leave

> routine, they seem to ask why what's up and try to

> fix it, maybe it's possible for your area too ?

> Just a suggestion

Were you under contract when you had this conversation with Virgin ?

• 1 month later...

Just switched to BT in February, due to the problems with Virgin.

Much quicker, no more drop outs of wifi affecting vpn, much more user-friendly tv interface (and quick),

?20 less per month. Good move - would certainly recommend

• 2 months later...

Where abouts in ED are you @thecat?

TheCat Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Virgin broadband been shocking this week, hasn't

> dropped out altogether, but been very

> intermittent, particularly in the evening (much

> worse than usual)....just me? Or others getting

> similar?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...