mockney piers Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Obviously stevenage coming from 2-0 down at half

> time to win 3-2 in the 89th at the first ever

> competitive final at the new wembley, the morning

> after huguenot's stag do and the morning my wife

> agreed to marry me was a sporting moment for

> myself, doubt it's on youtube though.

The wembley bit might be, but the rest won't.

ratty Wrote:

> Benn Vs McLelland was another great fight!!

i remember watching this so clearly - it was a total war and on the night i thought 'wow, what a fight' but as news came out and now if i think back i can't help but think of the fact that mcclellan was left fighting for his life, never to box again and is still struggling to lead a normal life - and as such may be it wasn't a great fight at all, it was a tragedy

i don't think benn left that ring unscathed either

I was thinking of that fight earlier, and wasn't sure what the general opinion would be. It was an amazing fight to watch, and considering Benn wasn't given a chance by the bookies, and he was knocked through the ropes in the first round, it was an amazing performance to come back and win it.

However, it will obviously be remembered for the results, and I'd agree that Benn was also effected long term by it. I guess the silver lining is that rules were changed after that fight, and other boxers may have been saved since as a result. Just such a shame that a young guy with a hell of a talent, had to finish up that way. Ref should have stopped it earlier, even the commentators could see that things were not right.

On a cheerier note,

Absolute classic. They had a rematch which was a bit of a dull draw, and never got round to a third fight, which is a shame. I still to this day believe that these 2 were the best fighters, and had Calzaghe or Steve "feckoff" Collins fought either of them at their prime, things would've been different. Neither one of them could have stood with either of the fighters in the above clip.

Declan Wrote:

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwCbG4I0QyA]

>

> This is my favourite try

I'd have to say joint first place, with this one, despite how much it stung at the time.

For less creative interests, a great sporting moment of another kind: Josh Lewsey demonstrates to Matt Rogers the consequences of handbags on the field...

bignumber5 Wrote:

>

> For less creative interests, a great sporting

> moment of another kind: Josh Lewsey demonstrates

> to Matt Rogers the consequences of handbags on the

> field...

BN5 - that looked like a suspiciously illegal tackle to me - leading with the shoulder? No attempt to get the leading arm round the opposing player? Dirty basterd...

I did look closely and for me it was the left shoulder that made the initial contact. But agree to disagree.

I would agree the title you gave to the link tho - Josh Lewsey is a tough customer and if you are going to get involved in handbags you had better look out for the rest of the game.