In East Dulwich in 2007 I would like to see...

Mark

Pedestrianise the Lane at weekends 9AM-6PM apart from disabled access

Bike lanes on every main road

Free use of communal bikes for Kids of school age

Pubs can open whatever hours they want, but no music audible from the outside after midnight

Businesses that contribute to street rubbish - eg fried chicken shops - will be required to fund a certain amount of street cleaning hours a month, depending on the volume of waste originating from them that is found on the street. persistant offenders will be shut down

The Hospice charity shop should be supplied with extra funded staff to allow it to open more uiseful hours and thus generate more income for the charity - the present stock and staffing is sad and depressing.

Buisiness should be made responsible for upkeep of the area of pavement directly inform of their business and sweep it etc regularly- and NOT sweep their shops onto the street rather than picking it up ad putting it in a bin.

Local shopkeepers who also moonlight as "independant " councillors / mayoral candidates should be barred from combining both as theire is a disticnt conflict of interests iinvolved - one or the other please.

Steve Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Snorky I counted eight chips - you forgot that one

> on your shoulder

Boom tish!

is there no start your your wit ?

Steve Wrote:

> Snorky I counted eight chips - you forgot that one

> on your shoulder

Boom tish!

is there no beginning to your wit ?

Wouldn't increased regulation of rubbish lead to flytipping?

Incidentally, is it that blasted dog in the Bishop that's generating the huge amount of litter that they pile on the pavement in my bloody street? If as a result of having the back beer garden they've got to block the queen's highway I feel like chucking it all back in their front door...

Rah! The Stinking Bishop as we have re-named it - Its so unsightly - and smelly to walk past there each morning, I totally agree. Not sure what has happened though Mr H - it didn't used to be quite so bad but the last few months it is pretty rank. Maybe we should pop in and tell them rather than just moan about it

Alhtough its not the only unsightly / messy thing on that road at the moment either!:(

Those of you asking for a pool table - there's also one in The Castle on Crystal Palace Rd. However, it is one of the most disgusting pubs ever. Unfortunately, this pub is my local.

And stop moaning about The Bishop - it's not my favorite place, but it's a hell of a lot better than the Foresters used to be.

Hmph.

I wasn't moaning about the Bishop per se. I was moaning about the huge amount of (non-recylced) crap they generate which sits on my road like a cancer. Whilst the Foresters was a blight on the community, the Bishop is pooping on my doorstep.

In a similar vein, who are the morons that still leave clothing in plastic bags on the step of the LL charity shop knowing full well that the loonies are going to rip open the bags, spray the clobber all over LL, before running off with pants on their heads making woo woo noises?

Grrr. Sorry, got a hangover.

No one is denying that the Bish is better than the Forresters. The complaint is the rubbish (and smell) that is generated and not cleared away on a a daily basis. And I will pop in and see if Mark is around to just give him a neighbourly nudge about it as they are good guys and will hopefully do something about it soon.

..scary but hysterical thought re loonies running up and down lorders avec pants on heads :)) when does this usually occur

??

Hmmm, I guess if I was into the Irish sports I might prefer The Castle. I've nothing against the crowd in there - seems to be mainly the local builders, plumbers, etc - never any trouble. I just wish they'd give the place a new lick of paint (inside and out) because frankly, it's minging (although I'm not suggesting yet another "trendy" makeover).

cookie Wrote:

> I think an M&S or a Waitrose would be a soulless

> addition to the High Street. I regularly visit

> friends in Chorlton Manchester, and they have a

> great co-operative supermarket there

> www.unicorn-grocery.co.uk/ incorporating fresh

> veg, wholefoods, deli, bread, alcohol sales and

> other general groceries. I'd love to have that

> sort of shop nearby. Unfortunately, I suspect a

> large space to house such a shop would be too

> expensive to make it feasible now that East

> Dulwich is so "Successful".

>

> SMBS is great too , but tiny and often cramped at

> weekends. I'd be happy to see them expand into

> bigger premises.

>

> A bike shop as mentioned in a previous post would

> be great.

Great suggestions . Unfortunately , the force of the new colonisers of Ed will havw their way .

Ibo, you have a massive chip on your shoulder buddy. I suggest you get over it. So ED has changed. Big thrill - if you go back and look at almost any London suburb, you will find that it has changed over the years. Some for the better, some for the worse, depending on who's point of view one takes. Change goes on in every community of each town and city in the world - that is the nature of life.

Snorky, you've pretty much complained about everything that is East Dulwich. Sorry but you'd better move to Brixton, Peckham or Camberwell where things would appear to be much more up your street! Cheap and tasteless. After all, you get what you pay for.

Mockney, you take what back?

"Snorky, you've pretty much complained about everything that is East Dulwich. Sorry but you'd better move to Brixton, Peckham or Camberwell where things would appear to be much more up your street! Cheap and tasteless. After all, you get what you pay for. "

IM am humbled by your expertise on all things.

thank you

not2late Wrote:

> ...a bicycle shop.

>

> Somewhere which sells bikes, parts, accessories

> and does repairs and servicing. Herne Hill

> Bicycles is great, as is Brixton Cycles but both

> are always booked weeks in advance. Plus there's

> the hassle of travelling back and forth on the bus

> after dropping my bike off. Judging by the number

> of cycists in the area, I'm sure that a good bike