Family issues (family section for the forum?)

Polly D

I was thinking the same Huguenot, (well I was actually thinking "I wonder if she has a pasty in the microwave?") but it would be nice to be told. And as it was Polly D's engagement news that sparked off the events that brought about the Lounge area perhaps some more news would start a family area. Eh?

The family section is an idea that's been knocking around but there wasn't much feedback from people but I'll ask around again. I was thinking of calling it "Parent and child" but I think "family something" would be good, perhaps The Family Room, a google search in it makes it seem like it's a commonly recognised phrase. So how about...

The Family Room

Discuss and stay informed about schools, nurseries, NCT and all things parent and child related in East Dulwich.

? What do you think? All feedback appreciated, especially from people with families (and expectant families ;-) )

Gosh, sorry to disappoint but no onion in the pickling jar! I will keep you informed though.

Just occurred to me that there are so many threads re schools, nurseries, kid-friendly pubs and so, as Asset says, you could avoid or head straight there depending on your situation; like the residential section.

The Family Room sounds good Mark. And I hope to go there one day!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Can I resurrect the plea for a separate area for baby, child and family related stuff, please!

The wanted section is so full of baby stuff that anything else disappears as soon as it goes on.

It's obviously a great resource for local parents to sell and swap unwanted bits and pieces, and long may it continue, but it would be lovely if us non-parents could have a look in the wanted section without being faced by a whole screen of baby threads.

ps forum's great and everything.. thanks

As a parent... I agree with Annaj! ;-) Baby/child swapping stuff is absolutely valuable to sellers and buyers and is a wonderful way to reduce the dreadful waste that children engender - but of no interest at all to anyone else.

And of course respecting Mr. Administrator's work load.

We're still thinking about it I just need to test out some of the forum's setting in a quiet moment (which are pretty rare these days) to see how it works. Keep badgering us and I'll get it done.

• 2 months later...