this emoticon

pk

i'm pretty sure that this emoticon is giving 'the finger' >:D<, so why do people use it so much?

TLS is a prime example - are you intending to say 'f*** you', or words to that effect, in so many of your posts?

i thought that people might think that, but i don't think that it is a thumbs up

looking carefully the thumbs are out and not up, and if you hovver over it it say 'the finger smiley'

surely the 'thumbs up' one is this: (tu)

Yes, emoticons are absolute COCK.

Users of emoticons need to sit down, have a good hard look at their lives and try to figure out where it all went wrong. I mean that in the nicest possible way of course - yeah guys? :)-D

I think it's one poor, confused, emoticon. The fingers up gesture suggests an angry dismissive state of mind, a countenance of aggrssion and arrogance but this is countered by the kinetic grin which is at the same time a snigger and, I posit, a sneer, reminiscent of the sadistic grin of Nicholson in The Shining. And then there is the colour. Whereas all fellow emoitons are in pale yellow, this sorry fellow is devil red, like a steaming, raging bull. Perhaps he has shifted all the way through the chromatic notches as he pulsed through many different stages of rage on his way to the rude symbol he proffers or perhaps he's simply a slip of the mouse during the clip-artist's colouring-in session.

Either way, I wouldn't give the matter too much thought.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Discussions

• Hi, I’m looking for any boxes I can move stuff in.   thank you 
    • Wasn't me mystic mog, my friends wife , but I will pass on your thanks to her 🙂
    • Anyone have any amount going over the next 4 weeks? thank tou
    • Please understand that I am not doubting the word of anyone who has posted here with problems with bought-in prepared meat, but (I am old) uncooked meat (perfectly 'good' meat) does smell often, we are too used to shrink wrapped and chilled supermarket meat which can be almost scent free - so we are surprised when 'butcher's' meat does smell (and often, if it is uncooked, quite strongly). Indeed game which is high can smell quite strongly, and not in a good way to our 21st C sensibilities, without being off - as in food poisoning off. Certainly prepared meat, when cooked, should smell enticing, and not at all bad - so the experiences quoted above are certainly very worrying - but younger people reading this should not be concerned, particularly, if fresh (raw) meat they have bought from e.g. a proper butchers has a smell to it. Which is not to say that something which smells rank shouldn't be a point of complaint. Even the smell of high-ish game, if left unwrapped, should dissipate once unwrapped. If it increases however it may be  cause for concern. But raw beef or lamb in the joint can often smell of something which isn't necessarily particularly nice, without it being worrying. It will tend to cook with more flavour.
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In