Motown Caff?, Peckham Rye

Ted Max

I've got high hopes for Motown Caff?, Peckham Rye. Drinks and Snacks is often what I need as pass through Peckham Rye and now Motown Caff?, Peckham Rye, has got that covered.

And if their coffee tastes of the last swill of a washing up bowl, like Sips' did, then all the better.

Listen, d_c, your personal remarks about Lady Sips are not relevant to the topic of Motown Caff?, Peckham Rye.

Plus, she was always very friendly with me. She probably took offence at your excessive slimness and shit clothes.

Anyway, I'm very excited about the arrival of Motown Caff?, Peckham Rye. It puts us on the level with Denmark Hill, and further extends our significant advantages over the unstaffed, drinks + snacksless, destinationally-challenged East Dulwich Halt (Mon-Fri only).

(Yes, lots of edits. Care)

ED station has Blackbird Bakery to buy proper coffee

If ED station "has" Blackbird Bakery then Peckham Rye "has" several dozen butchers, greengrocers, fishmongers, art galleries, discount shoe shops, hair technicians, a steel fabrication yard, car mechanics, a cinema, churches, Macdonalds, and Iceland.

There's nothing wrong with being a one-train-an-hour stop-off on the Croydon-London line, but please don't talk your part up if you've only got a walk-on as a spear carrier.

That said, I look forward to the success of Motown Caff?, Peckham Rye, leading to a franchisee operating a Motown Caff?, East Dulwich. They will have to make the booth a bit smaller to fit in under the football manager's dugout that currently provides "shelter" to East Dulwich's few passengers, but I'm sure they'll work something out.

Mr Palaeologus also tried this annexation of nearby facilities to advance the cause of East Dulwich Halt.

I think it's a shoddy tactic, although clearly deemed acceptable in the more arriviste postcodes. But the fact remains the station itself is barren of staff, drinks + snacks and even, it seems, trains.

Peckham Rye:

Staff

Ticket barriers

ATMs

Old waiting room

New waiting room (with heater, arm chairs, sofas)

Local art

General air of old world charm

And last but of course not least, Motown Caff?, Peckham Rye, soon to be fine purveyor of drinks + snacks.

East Dulwich:

On-ramp

Off-ramp

Some shops round the corner

Annette Curtain Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Get on at London bridge in 2011

> frappe/latte/flatwhite in hand

>

> *fall through portal*

>

> Alight Lower Sydenham circ 1983 Nothing/less than

> nothing/below nothing/all the tumbleweed's tumbled

> away.

>

>

> *bell tolls*

>

> NETTE:(

Send you a PM

• 2 months later...

We all know that when alighting at Peckham Rye and in need of "Hot Drinks + Snax", then you should make a beeline for Motown Caff?, Peckham Rye.

However...I take SE15's soulful offering and trump it from the Enid Blyton-esque idyll of North Dulwich where a new morning offering that I call "M-Treble-C" (Middle Class Coffee Cart) has just started up.

As of this week, an plucky entrepreneur has been serving "quality ground coffee plus snacks" from 7am and I'm a fan...