Recommended nurseries in East Dulwich?

NigelG

Hi,

We've moving to East Dulwich next week with our twin 20-month old boys, and are looking for good nurseries in the area. Does anyone have a recommendation?

We also might need a nanny in the short-term depending on waiting lists etc, so any nanny recommendations would also be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Our son goes to Little Fingers on Burbage Rd. It is a gentle and caring place with a really high staff/child ratio. I know they have another branch on Barry Road, which will be closer to you. Be warned, however, their admin is disorganised but it was the quality of care that really appealed to us - particularly after a bad experience with a nursery who just wanted our money but didn't pay any attention to our son. Good luck!

We took a look at the Little Fingers Montessori nursery on Barry Road and really liked it - they seemed to be very caring. They have a separate baby room for under 2's (a lot of nurseries we called, especially Montessori ones, were for over 2's only) with availability right away, so we registered our boys to start this week.

Thanks for all the help.

Mother Goose.

Every parent who's child is there will tell you how caring and loving all the staff are. An example if your child does not eat the cook will make something else and will not stop until your child eats something substantial.

They keep you up to date all the time. All the staff members know what all the children are doing! Its great!

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have any further reccomendations where there is availability? We've checked out most of the ones reccomended on the forum and aren't having much luck.

Our son will be 1 when my wife returns to work and we'd be looking for a nursery 3 days a week. We live up near the plough, but happy to travel anywhere within a 10m radius as we both drive.

Unfortunately, I think most of the nurseries have very long waiting lists. I registered when I was 4 months pregnant, thinking I would be laughed at, but this is apparently the norm.

I have a friend who lives near the Plough who sends her son to a child minder (New Beginnings) near to the Barcelona tapas restaurant