New HEAD CHEF started at THE CHERRY TREE!!!!

purds89

Hey Guys,

So if you like good food you are in for a real treat.... The Cherry Tree has a new head chef. If you remember enjoying the food and especially the Sunday roasts at the Herne Tavern in 2011/2012 then you are in luck. The head chef from the Herne is now working at The Cherry Tree.

So why not give it a go??? There will be a new menu starting around next week and its reasonably priced too!!!

The Cherry Tree is situated on Grove Vale almost opposite East Dulwich Station!!

Guaranteed GREAT FOOD!!!!!

If he was at the Herne, you'd have thought he'd have heard what had happened to his predecessors at the Cherry Tree. Or maybe there is no communication between local pub chefs?

I'm laying no bets at all.

How long has the latest manager been there now?

Gary is trying to make a real go of the Cherry Tree. Last time I went there with my partner, the food was great (took a bit of time), the entertainment was superb. I agree that these threads are depressing which is why I rarely comment. I look forward to sarcastic, witless comments from middle-class knobs who don't like Iceland in Lordship Lane and wear flip-flops at the first sign of summer.

5thman

That's harsh and unfair. All this sarcastic posters on here (or many of them, including me) have been to the vale/cherry tree enough times to hear the same promises (new chef! New manager! No interference!) over and over again

It's not us that drives the staff away. It's not simple bad luck that they keep hiring "managers that are problematic"

I too have had good food and good times in there. But they will never allow anyone with any talent to just run the pub. Every single one of them leaves in a hurry because of the way they are treated. That's not the fault of anyone posting on here

They've changed the Name..

They've changed the D?cor..

They've changed the Menu..

They've changed the Chef.. several times..

They've changed the management..

What else could it be that needs to be changed.

That's a tough Conundrum.. ??

DulwichFox

Dopamine1979 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Alan Medic Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > A deeply indifferent roast

> dinner............why

> > do I find that wording extremely amusing?

>

> The potatoes just sat there shrugging.

Perhaps the roast just didn?t care anymore. He?s been roasted. Deep psychological problems I expect.