at last The Plough has a website!!

rsn

notwithstanding the probable flak from using the word "pikey" Acedout.... It's great

Up until it's refurb and launch last year it was the one pub I loathed more than any other. Not just here in ED but anywhere I've lived. It was grim. if someone wants to say they loved it that's fine and dandy but I tried it every year (as it was the closest to my place) and it was always grimmer than the last time

Since the refurb they have got most things spot on and have a very mixed crowd and a great selection of beers. It's not perfect - the food (or lack of it) can (only sometimes) be hit and miss but the manager is a solid guy and genuinely cares and works hard to fix problems

Plenty of good live music there as well with frequent appearances by some of the forumites (particularly Keef) and his band.

I would rate it close to being my favourite pub in the area now...

I'll second Sean's post. Excellent pub now since being spruced up, albeit with the occasional (small) problem. But any pub can have off days. Great beers, ever-changing bitters being a definite big plus... in fact, I quite fancy a pint there myself pretty soon, it's been a little while.

I must say this is one of the more sympathetic refurbs I have seen locally, albeit to a pub which was attracting all sorts of low life previously. It does remind me of the golden days of the pub back in the 1960s and early to mid 70's when this place was a very historic and cultural stop off point in ED. Some of this magic has returned recently, and although i'm not over struck on the guinness there, i'd give it four out of five on pretty much everything else.

Louisa.

I haven't been in there since it was ruined sometime in the eighties (when the horrible conservatory was added) and the spit and sawdust public bar destroyed. I does look nice now though so I'll give it a go. Have there been Forum drinks there?

I love the Plough! My boyfriend who is quite fussy and only likes everything from his area in High Wycombe loves the Plough also, high praise indeed coming from him! We can always find a nice quiet area and I love the decor. The staff are extremely friendly. Not tried the food but no doubt we will at some point.

I am glad they finally have a website.

This pub is my little gem, along with Springers!

I've already added a comment on the website. I can't thank Reuben enough for introducing me to Woodford's Reserve last year. Top barman who always remembers my name. The pub has improved beyond all expectations and thankfully is only a short stagger home.

I'll totally second what Jah says, both about Reuben being a top fella, and very helpful, and about Woodford's Reserve being absolutely wonderful!! :)-D

The Plough is now right up there with my favourite places to go for a beer. I've been involved with the music side of things, and we've had great great nights up there, and long may it continue!