Anyone know of this crazy dog woman?

TonyQuinn

?The owner of a Grade II listed mansion is on the run from police after being found guilty of letting a pack of dangerous dogs run wild, it was revealed today.<

?Tracy Thier kept up to 60 dogs, horses and two peacocks at Beltwood House in Dulwich causing chaos for neighbours and passers-by, Southwark Council said.<

?The dogs launched a number of vicious attacks on people passing the house leaving some with serious injuries needing surgery.<

?Local children were chased by the dogs, including Alsatians and German Shepherds, and the pack kept neighbours awake with night-long howling.<

?Some of the dogs escaped onto roads and railway lines causing accidents and rail delays.<

?When animal protection officers were called in to the 3.5 acre estate by worried neighbours they found the dogs and horses had been neglected and were in a poor condition.<

?Ms Thier was given an Asbo in 2007 banning her from keeping any animals in England and Wales and the animals were confiscated.<

?She refused to pay costs of #50,000 to Southwark Council and last year breached the terms of her Asbo by keeping five dogs in Lambeth.<

?But she fled the country before she could be sentenced for the breach last year and in January she was made bankrupt in her absence as a result of the unpaid fines.<

?Councillor Paul Kyriacou, Southwark's executive member for community safety, said: "This is a really appalling case and one of the worst situations of animal abuse I've heard of since becoming a councillor. We will do everything in our powers to ensure this woman is brought to justice.<

?"We are pleased that the dogs and horses will now be safe and given proper care and attention by Battersea Dogs and Cats Home and the International League for the Protection of Horses."<

?Earlier this month officers from Southwark Council's Anti-Social Behaviour Unit and Southwark police's Safer Neighbourhoods Team received the Borough Commander's Award for tackling severe animal nuisance as result of the case.<

I don't know if it's the same lady, but I did know an American woman who kept animals in Dulwich, including horses. She told me she lived in a big house which was some kind of commune and used to carry a rabbit around in a baby pouch on her chest and I haven't seen her for over a year...

It is Beltwood. The entrance is the now padlocked gate on Sydenham Hill, a couple of yards from the memorial.

I went to a party there about 10years ago. There was a Christian group/commune living there and they let it out for private parties.

The house and grounds were beautiful but quite run down. At the back of the house was a stable block and a couple of small cottages (2 up 2 down).

It had a very magical kind of time forgot feel to it.

I can't imagine the state it is in now if animals have been roaming around it. It sounds like thankfully all the animals are now safe and well.

I don't know who owns it, but if anyone wants to open that much needed hotel/guest house it would be the perfect place. You would need bucket loads of money though.

Beltwood was a students residence for radiography (and I think physiotherapy) students at Kings College Hospital/Normanby College up until about 1992. It is the most amazing building. I have been to lots of parties there when I was at uni. I completely agree, it had a magical feel, like time had forgotten it.

I too went to a party at Beltwood - a friend was a member of the Icthus group who rented/leased/owned the property and she had her 40th Birthday party there. Everyone had to wear a hat. I agree with the time warp feeling - the whole place was lit up with hundreds of candles very romantic and in another way, weird.

• 2 weeks later...

I worked and lived there for 3 years till late 2006 when i walked out

And I can tell you she treated people just as she treated her animals

I once slept with one of her horses in the stable as it was sick and she

would not pay out for a vet. It survived.

She also owned property in Brixton, Crystal Palace, Streatham.

All of which were neglected

The woman is a complete head case

What's happend to her and what will happen to the house?

When i went there(10 yrs) it was in a bit of a mess but i have have seen pictures of the interior and it looked nice.

I read she wanted to turn it into some sort of club.

A case of the Ms Haversham's i think.

My daughter (5) was chased and scratched on the face by one of two dogs who suddenly ran out from a hole in the fence at Beltwood House. I was livid! I saw the woman and told her what had happened and she said sorry... I'm amazed by this story!

• 1 year later...

My god...

That American woman lives near me, she is unreservedly stark raving bonkers

An example......

She came past my house riding a horse, a rare treat you'd say

She had her very young son as a passenger, still wearing his pyjamas & no riding hat

To top it all the horse wasn't even shod & was lame

She thought all this was completely normal

W**F

The OH and I were mooching about up that way a couple of years ago. We were imagining what it would be like to live in Lubetkin's Six Pillars, which was up for sale at the time: Six Pillars modernist house

There was a downside to living there, the OH explained, the lady who lived next door had collected an enormous pack of dogs, some of which occasionally got out and bit people.

You just wouldn't want to live next to her, would you? One wonders if this was the reason the house next door was empty and up for sale.

So sorry to hear what happened to your daughter, Joom. I was mawled by an Alsatian guard dog when I was about the same age - luckily it never put me off dogs. I hope the same for her.

• 2 years later...