Boxing

morty

morty Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Great. I have written to the owner of the George

> Canning.

> I called Dulwich Hamlet FC and they want ?20.00!

> I'm prepared to pay but thats a bit much!

That's bloody disgusting!!! They say on here that it's a tenner, which I still think takes the p!ss. Canning basically aren't charging, as your tenner buys you 3 drinks. Seems fair to me.

I watched this at Dulwich Hamlet FC.

?10 to get in.

The fight was a massive disappointment but the other goings on were much more entertaining.

The organisers of this evening at DHFC were a bunch of hopeless muppets: the 2 girls working the bar had never worked a bar before - they kept reminding people of this and getting over excited when they poured a decent looking pint.

The guy managing the bar was useless: he didn't trust the girls with money or the till and so delayed the entire serving/payment process. He also refused to serve and even acknowledge customers. The longest I waited for a pint was about 25 mins, others waited longer.

The venue was full of really moody yardie/rudeboys in string vests plus almost all of the Dulwich scumbags, one of whom could only string a sentence together if every other word was "cunt" or "bruv". He had a red face and was wearing a tracksuit.

There were also a group of female strippers there, one of whom had the most awesome butt, another who asked me to buy her a drink, which I politely declined to do.

After the main event, as I waited at the bus stop for the 176, the sweary scumbag (above) and 4 of his muppet friends pegged it out of the Sainsburys car park and into the Peabody buildings, the intelligible one fell over in the road and twisted his ankle (HAHAHA!), pursued by a couple of rudeboys shouting "MANS COME HERE, WHERE YOU BLOOD CLOT MANS AT?!"

It was a bit of whitey scumbag vs black scumbag tension, sparked off by Hatton losing, I imagine

Then in an unrelated incident 2 friends started trading punches over a torn photo.

Then the police turned up at the same time as my bus, which was in fact the 185!

I've missed lots of detail out but basically the evening was a shambles and turned into a bit of a scumbag fest.

The Khan fight was a joke, I thought it may actually be a fight, but there was no contest.

Hatton tried hard, but was always well out of his league. Mayweather is just awesome!

Glad I avoided the hamlet in the end, sounds like a horrid experience. Thanks Jah for the boxing and beer :)-D

Keef Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> The Khan fight was a joke, I thought it may

> actually be a fight, but there was no contest.

>

Tell me about it. Call me cynical, but I smell a rat... a dirty big rat called Frank Warren.

Had ten people round for the Hatton fight and it was a fun evening despite the result. Mayweather was a different class.

Of Amir Khan though, he's not going to learn much by knocking patsies over in the first round. He wants a world title fight but he's a long way off that. The sooner he gets a better class of opposition put in front of him and learns his trade and gains more experience then, and maybe only then, will he be ready for a shot at a world title. He's a class act but still has a lot to learn.