6 Lordship Lane (& other shop planning applications)

Nero

Regarding Cafe Nero.. has anyone noticed how dirty it alway is in there? I've stopped going in more because it's always so filthy, paper strewn everywhere, drinks and food spilt on the floor. Also a lot of the litter gets blown out onto the street because they don't tidy it up fast enough... if anyone else has noticed this then let me know as I'm thinking of making a formal complaint.

An "exciting" development.

Here are some words of praise for Sugar Mamma:

"They have nice things (mainly jewelry and ladies clothes) at a fair range of prices, are very helpful and wrapped everything up nicely in tissue paper."

macroban Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> An "exciting" development.

>

> Here are some words of praise for Sugar Mamma:

>

> "They have nice things (mainly jewelry and ladies

> clothes) at a fair range of prices, are very

> helpful and wrapped everything up nicely in tissue

> paper."

Oh God help us, not another bloomin' nic nac shop selling totally useless, expensive tat.

> How much do you reckon the rent will be ?? The sale price is over ?1m and has offices above...

Asking price ?1.2m.

Until recently I would have had in mind a bottom line negotiating figure of 8% ROI on a 21 year FRI lease with appropriate rent reviews to maintain the 8% ROI and with a premium to cover acquisition costs subject to proper checks on prospective tenants and hope to get more.

But these are strange days in East Dulwich and 6 Lordship Lane is a pretty useful property in terms of Lordship Lane commercial stock. ?96k may now be too little.

I would not be too concerned about the type of tenant for a sub-let of the retail unit, but I might insist on a covenant allowing John Alan to rent for a fiver a week that part of the pavement not belonging to Southwark Council.

The local lawyers seem to be fragmented and disorganised. I would, as first choice, approach some law firms and offer them an entry to the East Dulwich market and hope to do far better than 8% ROI.

• 1 month later...

The have just had a planning request granted:

6 LORDSHIP LANE, LONDON, SE22 8HN

Proposal: Change of use of the ground floor from Class D1 (non residential institutions) to Class A2 (financial and professional services) with installation of a new door to side elevation at ground floor. First and second floors retained as Class A2 offices (financial and professional services)

but still available for sale on hindwoods, hunter & payne.

Grove Vale, is starting to look a little smarter...new music shop and the furniture store have improved the look of their shop fronts, but agreed as this is the main part between LL and the station, it really would be good to make it more inviting.