Bombay Bicycle

rob

Mrs Rob and I were surprised to receive a flyer announcing the new BB shortly to arrive in ED. Surely the one street in (south) London that doesn't need another (good) curry house is Lordship Lane? Have these people ever been to ED? What are there, 6 or 7 indian restaurants from Mirash to Coriander?

rob, I hear you, I do

But if you are going to (politely) tell people off for not paying attention to an area, you should be aware as a frequent reader of the forum that we have had a good old discussion on this already, no?

Only teasing really

The consensus when we spoke about it was that those who had tried the other branches gave it a 7ish out of 10 - ie it's not going to bring an awful lot to the Lane. Fairly pricey too don't you think?

i'm looking forward to trying it out. The food is good and its delivered to your house -sounds perfect to me. Right now my favourite place is Tandoori Nights. Wish they delivered. If they did, it would be perfect. Definitely rate that as the best Indian restaurant on Lordship Lane. Now the Bicycle Club has arrived and can deliver to my house for when i want to eat at home. If i want to eat out I'll go to Tandoori Nights - win win situation!

Agree on Tandoori Nights but was upset to hear a friend went there recently with his lady and both their meals were as bad as they have had. One expected a hot handy and one expected a mild Korma. The handi was bland and the Korma was "boiled water".

Having been a bazillion times I found it hard to believe but this guy is very trustworthy. Maybe a bad day in the kitchen

Have just placed an order online rather good value set meal which doesn't seem to be on the leaflet. Really worth noting that if you place your order online you get 1000 loyalty points - which are worth a tenner off your next order. Of course its a promotion to get you to try it, but why not ....

we just had take away from BBC. They do seem to be having a few teething troubles, Mr KG had to wait a while (we always collect our takeaways). But it was delicious and much nicer than our usual Pistachio Club. No oil, very fresh looking sauce, def a cut above what we usually get. And if you spend over 20 quid you get a free bottle of wine. nice touch.

We also tried this - the food was amazing (I have not tried Tandoori Nights so cannot compare) not oily in any way and seemingly freshly made with fresh ingredients. Trouble was the baby started screaming and most of the curry got left uneaten so ?30 thrown away. Will be trying again though - maybe when the little sod has grown up a lot!

Got a takeaway last night from the BBC. Tasted pretty good, but it's priced at the high end. The main complaint was that the kitchen was absolute chaos. I turned up and ordered about 8, and was told 20 minutes. food was ready 40+ minutes later, by which time there were about 15 hungry people at the counter all waiting for food which should have been ready a while ago. Staff had about 30 orders on the go, half bagged up, but couldn't seem to complete any. Teething problems with a new kitchen no doubt - probably be a bit smoother in a few weeks.