Gang in East Dulwich

To the unitiated You Tube is one place where the gangs leave their mark - was disturbed to see this one particuarly since the forum seems to resound with crime reports. Just a thought it is often the perception of crime that is worse than the reality - why not have a sub forum for crime reports and so those seeking this out could do so (including one hopes police) - whilst others don't have it brought to the front of mind on a regular basis.

They are called the Dulwich White Gang

http://sites.google.com/site/londonstreetgangs/gang-lists/south-london-gangs/dully-white-gangDulwich White Gang

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDpPHBNflWQ

[pre]

[/pre]

We should collectively diss them so that they lose face and leave the Hood - forumites would need some colours and finger signs though - how about a v in a reverse Churchill for a start !

If this wasn't so aggressive in tone it could be rather good East Dulwich's own hip hop song ..

[pre]

[/pre]

Slightly off topic but there was a very interesting programme on bbc1 last night which showed how the teenage brain under goes massive changes and that the last part to mature is the part that deals with risk. Basically teenagers are humans in flux and that those who don't have support systems around them are very vulnerable. Teenagers need youth clubs etc. I believe that is where the 'free school meals for every child in southwark' should be going. Put these allocated food millions into youth facilities.

I'm with bsand. It's a shame cause the beats, and the flow of the rap are well written; ok it's not shakespeare but it flows. It's just sad that they'd probably stab you for the time of day. Whoever wrote it is talented, hope it's not wasted.

Sadly I understand every line (I listen to a lot of hip hop) and the song is deeply anti-white racist and has the general message that doing time is no big deal. Nothing intelligent about these guys at all.

bsand Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> LOL

> Comin right back at you - can anybody translate

> what the Crew are saying ...

>

>

>

Is this a spoof...?

Some of the videos are actually quite funny - the one of the teenagers generally looking moody and pouting in particular. Don't they know you should smile for the camera?!...

The video showing various council estates in and around Dulwich with luminous backgrounds and abbreviated "gangsta" names is quite good. Maybe someone should commission them to do a similar video of residential Dulwich roads. They could highlight some of the issues we have - am sure they could make up something inventive for St Dunstans (dog poo) and the junction of underhill road and barry road (car accidents).

I MAY BE CRAZY (BIPOLAR TO YOU LOT), but by the love of god, crazy or not, i would have known if my son was up to this stuff. You may ask where are the parents. but when my son was young he had a friend whose mother w3as "on the panel" at the then william penn school. It was heartbreaking. hese kids had prostitute, drug addict mothers and absent fathers, they were often left with no fo9od, didn't know who their mother was going to bring home, etc. i am in no way condoning what is happerning, but i thank god for my own parents who help[ed me through a bad time and i thank god for mky loving, hardworking, adorable son. IS THIS IS WHAT'S MISSING, THE GRANDPARENT FACTOR?

bsand Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Good the dissing has commenced - that looks like

> where the Goose is Out plays

xxxxxx

Eh?

Where do you mean? (and btw we're not a band :)) )

mmmm

Actually they are just trying to emulate someone they see as a very successful business man and musician based in Peckham. The Black gang based in peckham (name from black paisley bandana's they wear) are a long established gang based in SE15. Growing up on the same estates obviously the man they are trying to emulate, in the clip below, has some links with.

look here is an interview with the Gaurdian.