Bus strike tomorrow

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know more information regarding the bus strike tomorrow?

Will any bus still be running?

I have to go to my consulate in Oxford circus tomorrow with my twins and pushchair and was planning to go with a 12 bus to make my life easier instead of the train +tube.

Thanks

Emmy

No these routes will not operate, nor will route 12. Its routes operated by London General (Go-Ahead), Metroline and Arriva the Shires that will operate). In a nutshell the only route that should be operating is route 37.

Zebedee Tring Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> It seems that the 176 and 185 are running, and

> possibly also the 12, 36 and 63. The three bus

> companies who are not striking because of the

> injunctions against them are Go-Ahead, Arriva and

> Metroline.

From what I can gather the 12 63 363 are run by go ahead & the 176 Arriva two of the 3 companies that took out an injunction, Cant say wether they will be running or not though..TFL website is very vague :/ Guess best option is to check in the morning.

Route 37 is operated by London Central (Peckham Garage) and they're on strike tomorrow.

176 is operated by Arriva London from Norwood and on strike.

Basically as it stands, unless drivers break the strike, there are NO buses in SE22 from tomorrow morning, although it appears drivers have agreed to run the night buses (12/176/N63) until end of timetable.

It was the Arriva The Shires division who run buses in NW London and Watford who have an injunction, along with Metroline in West London and London General.

The nearest London General route to here are the 1 and 453.

There is "limited" (probably practically non-existent) service on some routes. These would be drivers that are not part of the Union or bought in from other places. I wouldn't stand around expecting a bus to turn up though - make other plans for travel.

Walked to the Rye as per normal and just as I got to the bus stop and was wondering whether to wait or walk, a 363 appeared. :)

On way to Elephant now but need to pick up a 63 to take me on to Farringdon. Fingers crossed, but if not I can get the train.

I'm at Elephant and Castle and have seen the following routes.343,35,333

,155,196, 363, 63, 188. There may be more that I haven't seen! Bus passes can be used on trains, but travelcards are not valid out of zone.

Roads are relatively quiet and the 343 I've just got on is not particularly full.

Renata