Choumert Road - Armed Police

Does anyone know why there have been armed police on choumert road since Friday. Apparently they are guarding someone but it all sounds a bit odd and not to keen on having armed police on our road. does anyone know any more info?

Friends of mine who live in Kennington were next door neighbours to Jack Straw and always had armed police stationed in the street when he was home secretary. Ought to reduce the contents insurance premium!

Michael Palaeologus Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> In the current security alert - should we be

> broadcasting this to the whole wide world?

I'm not sure the Forum is quite that popular yet..

I remember my cousin telling about 7/7... She was on the train behind the one that was bombed at Kings X... She was told by her office (very big law firm) to come in to work ASAP!!! Later that day there was a bomb scare, and she received a memo telling her to lower her bomb blind and continue working!!!!!

She has since left the firm!

My mate lives a couple of doors down from the house that is being 'guarded' by nice policemen with rifles. They arrived about 10pm on Thursday night so is in no way connected with the car bomb attempts in London as that didn't kick off till Friday morning.

He said he saw the shift change on Friday evening and witnessed a woman pumping them for information but to no avail, all they said was that it was a 'precaution'. We thought maybe it was witness protection or summat.

How on earth do people find out about the home secretary's sister living there! Now that is some serious jungle drums.

• 3 weeks later...
Gosh, I'm moving back to ED after a three-year sojourn in Poole and I'm already nervous/exhilarated by all the goings-on (#40 window-smashing, etc). A few years ago I lived in Pimlico opposite a cabinet minister and there were always police stationed outside. Very helpful and tolerant of our drunken cone-stealing they were too.

My husbands building firm is based on choumert road and for the last few weeks my darling and his workmates have had the pleasure of being eyeballed by the police who stand guard over our home secretary.They think its because they are all from belfast,i think its because they need to wash their faces of a morning and at least be a bit presentable while they stand and drink their tea on her doorstep.I personall feel sorry for my hubby he looks the most suspicious with his loud belfast accent,big boots,scar and tattoos >:D