squatters on goose green (Lounged)

maryopl

squatters are, in fact, fascists. they have no regard for the law, just a willingness to twist it to their own ends by breaking into houses and occupying them. al those on here trying to loftily support them are talking total b++++x (as usual). they would be the first to go bleating to the police if they came home and found themselves locked out by some smelly tossers.

"squatters are, in fact, fascists." Really?

fascism [ f?shizəm ] or Fascism [ f?shizəm ]

noun

Definition:

dictatorial movement: any movement, ideology, or attitude that favours dictatorial government, centralized control of private enterprise, repression of all opposition, and extreme nationalism

fascist [ f?shist ] noun, adjective

fascistic [ fə sh?stik ] adjective

Encarta? World English Dictionary [World English Edition] ? & (P)2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Developed for Microsoft by Bloomsbury Publishing Plc.

Huguenot Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> If that is true, it is significant irony that it

> is actually the action of squatters that has

> ensured that social housing stock is scuppered.

>

> Hoist and petards sping to mind.

but it isn't squatters' action, is it? the scuppering is done by those doing the gutting

and it isn't social housing - the 5,500 referred to were privately owned

and if anyone's hoisted by their own petards, surely it's the property owner who by gutting property will have made it harder/more expensive for themselve to occupy or sell?

cutting, nose, spite, face, springs to my mind

goosegreenteam Wrote:

> Yes, we know who the owner is.

>

> It is quite cheeky but i get your point. the

> majority of us are studying full time and are

> pretty much broke and currently all our funds are

> being drained by the resources we need to make the

> house liveable.

>

> We will have to see how we are approached by the

> owners, if they are forcefull and agressive then

> we will be less reluctant to cooperate.

>

> We have quite alot of rights, if you are intersted

> and want to read up more about squatting visit:

> http://www.squatter.org.uk/

>

> Thanks for your interest

> The Goose Green Sqautters. x

How did you get into the building in the first instance?

What do the squatters say is their reason for holding onto the building when the owners wants it back? Surely they would only be too happy to see the building renovated and restored by the owner judging by their apparent love for such a lovely old building?

Why does the owner have to ask nicely? Did the squatters ask nicely to get possession of the property in the first place?

If the squatters are truly keen to be such nice guys about everything they should give back freely what does not belong to them.

Dear all

This whole post has turned into a seriously interesting debate.

We are not committing any crimes at all. We climbed in through a window on one of the upper floors. All our actions are legal and we will always stick to the rules.

When we said "we will be less reluctant to cooperate." We meant if we are met with physical threats, we shall take them through the courts and use our legal rights as squatters. If you are interested in our rights, read the a book called 'The Squatters Handbook'.

People have their own views on squatting and we understand both sides of the argument. We aren't here to create a bad vibe, we just want too live our lives in a peaceful manor. We would never associate ourselves with fascists, and we find it very insulting to be compared with any type of Fascists.

Thank you all for your opinions.

The Goose Green Sqautters. x

I love all this liberal bull!

Lets just see how any one of you would react if you came home and it was your home invaded. Its all very well pontificating but the real reaction would be far different!

I invite the owner of the property to come on here and discuss??

Suppose you want Clegg as your next prime minister too - lets really get the UK back on its feet ... dear god!

Blue all the way.

Such a lot of generalising.

Huge, You surprise me with your comment above - which I'm hoping you meant tongue in cheek - regarding the "assumption that squatters are reasonable".

I moved to London in the early 80s and ended up squatting on the Pullens Estate in E&C. 50% of the flats were empty and the whole estate was in a terrible state of neglect by Southwark council which wanted to knock the buildings down. The residents invited squatters onto the estate and to cut a long story short the Pullens Estate, which is a rare example of Victorian artisan dwellings, is now a conservation area with extremely desirable properties. The original squatters were eventually given tenancies on the flats by the council and most are still social housing.

None of this would have happended and the estate would have been razed were it not for the care and tenacity of the original residents, squatters and tenants.

Pullens

davidhealy Wrote:

> I love all this liberal bull!

>

> Lets just see how any one of you would react if

> you came home and it was your home invaded. Its

> all very well pontificating but the real reaction

> would be far different.

Why would my home be 'invaded' by squatters when I live in it? Are you on drugs or just a troll?