Trains cancellations - latest

Abe_froeman Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> On the Southern Twitter feed there is a suggestion

> that you can claim delay repay against the normal

> timetable so it might be worth putting in two

> claims every day.

Could be worth doing. I once made a claim, and received some kind of voucher - which I never used (I get a monthly oyster travel card, and it wasn't obvious if they could be used as part payment). But just read that you can exchange them for cash at the ticket office.

Abe_froeman Wrote:

> On the Southern Twitter feed there is a suggestion

> that you can claim delay repay against the normal

> timetable so it might be worth putting in two

> claims every day.

Seems to me that southern are trying to dodge compensation claims by reducing the service. Hope everyone signed that petition, although we all know how far they go.

Here's the revised timetable details:

http://www.southernrailway.com/your-journey/revised-timetable#impact6

Highlights for ED commuters are:

1.No more services between Beckenham Junction and London Bridge - none.

2. Peak train options from ED to LB are 6:55, 7:30, 8:02 and 8:30 - that's it.

3. peak train options from LB to ED are 16:40, 17:11 and 18:08

>Here's the revised timetable details:

> Highlights for ED commuters are:

> 1.No more services between Beckenham Junction and London Bridge - none.

That doesn't actually seem to be so. The 14:09 Beckenham Junction (BKJ) was cancelled. The 14:39 left at 14:42, which agrees with the Live Running EDW info at http://www.southernrailway.com/your-journey/plan-your-journey/live-running-information/EDW/departures/. So did the 14:36 to London Bridge (LBG), which would have been the 14:13 from BKJ.

Can't be sure, but it looks as if might be no worse on the BKJ line than one in three trains in the shuttle cancelled, with the missing ones being 14:09 and every 90 minutes thereafter to BKJ, and 15:06 and every 90 minutes thereafter to LBG.

The current Live Running page (up to 17:06) actually shows all scheduled trains running, though I'm not sure how efficient they are at displaying cancellations beyond the next scheduled arrival.

"During the amended timetable, you will be able to claim compensation against trains cancelled in advance or against delays experienced on the day."

And you can exchange the vouchers for cash at any Southern ticket office.

As a rail only season ticket holder that is...80p per journey! Hardly worth the hassle.

Time to dust off the bike this weekend, the 40 bus and Overground will not be able to cope. When is this dispute going to be sorted?

The "changes" don't take effect until Monday 11th July, hence you are seeing those trains to Beckenham Junction today!!

ianr Wrote:

> >Here's the revised timetable details:

> > Highlights for ED commuters are:

> > 1.No more services between Beckenham Junction

> and London Bridge - none.

>

> That doesn't actually seem to be so. The 14:09

> Beckenham Junction (BKJ) was cancelled. The 14:39

> left at 14:42, which agrees with the Live Running

> EDW info at

> http://www.southernrailway.com/your-journey/plan-y

> our-journey/live-running-information/EDW/departure

> s/. So did the 14:36 to London Bridge (LBG), which

> would have been the 14:13 from BKJ.

>

> Can't be sure, but it looks as if might be no

> worse on the BKJ line than one in three trains in

> the shuttle cancelled, with the missing ones being

> 14:09 and every 90 minutes thereafter to BKJ, and

> 15:06 and every 90 minutes thereafter to LBG.

>

> The current Live Running page (up to 17:06)

> actually shows all scheduled trains running,

> though I'm not sure how efficient they are at

> displaying cancellations beyond the next scheduled

> arrival.

ED_moots Wrote:

> Abe_froeman Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > On the Southern Twitter feed there is a

> suggestion

> > that you can claim delay repay against the

> normal

> > timetable so it might be worth putting in two

> > claims every day.

>

> Seems to me that southern are trying to dodge

> compensation claims by reducing the service. Hope

> everyone signed that petition, although we all

> know how far they go.

>

> Here's the revised timetable details:

> http://www.southernrailway.com/your-journey/revise

> d-timetable#impact6

>

> Highlights for ED commuters are:

>

> 1.No more services between Beckenham Junction and

> London Bridge - none.

>

> 2. Peak train options from ED to LB are 6:55,

> 7:30, 8:02 and 8:30 - that's it.

>

> 3. peak train options from LB to ED are 16:40,

> 17:11 and 18:08

One less peak train in the morning as the 8.02 terminates at South Bermondsey.

rahrahrah Wrote:

> It's so unacceptable, and yet we accept it.

What can we do? We are relatively powerless. Other than refuse to pay for the service, and storm the gates at LB en masse.

I'm emailing:

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

If anybody has any luck with Sadiq Khan's email address please ping it across too.

As well as tweeting all of them and claiming for every cancelled train that affects me. We all need to do the same to make anything happen. I have friends considering leaving ED because of this and it will have a hugely detrimental affect on an area that we all love. Posting on here is one thing, but we need additional action to make things change.

One the reasons we moved to ED was the excellent commuting options. This now has evaporated with the dismal service of Southern Rail. This will impact the High Street and will encourage people to move from the area. It really impacts the community from young to old alike. First Brexit now this. The bad news keeps coming.

Has anyone seen anything from Southern about the number of carriages they intend to provide on these reduced train services? If they roll out 4 carriage trains as they sometimes do, it will be a total nightmare trying to get on and once on, unsafe and highly stressful trying to travel to and from LB. Surely Southern has got to guarantee full carriage numbers on this ridiculous reduced timetable - not that that would make it acceptable - but surely it's the very minimum they can do?

a_m - from the Southern website - I'm not holding my breath though given the weasel wording of the below "where possible":

What are you doing to ensure there is enough capacity?

While the amended timetable is in place, we will ensure that trains are formed of extra carriages where possible. Platform lengths at certain stations and other physical constraints will limit the length of some trains.

Is it even worth claiming for cancelled trains? The process seems very laborious for what return? I read somewhere it was 80p. I have a monthly oyster ticket. In all fairness I should get 50% back considering this inconvenience!

Gilloc Wrote:

> Is it even worth claiming for cancelled trains?

> The process seems very laborious for what return?

> I read somewhere it was 80p. I have a monthly

> oyster ticket. In all fairness I should get 50%

> back considering this inconvenience!

If using Oyster PAYG or Contactless, it's half of the fare paid. Last time I got a refund from Southern which took weeks, I got ?1!

I get ?1.20 for each journey, they send a voucher and you can cash it in. It's the principle. Why let them get away with it? Every ?1.20 adds up, more at their end than ours, but keep doing it. I claim the minute I'm on a train that is running. It makes the journey to or from work, slightly more bearable, if I feel I'm doing something.

Helen Hayes has responded to my tweet with a link to the letter she sent to Claire Perry, which is linked to above. Keep up the pressure team!

I have an annual Oyster which comes with a paper Gold card that I scanned in, so to be honest I don't know about monthly tickets. Maybe ask the ticket office (the one at London Bridge near to Platform 14 is usually quiet or at ED when you're getting off the train in the evening?), or somebody else on here might know. You only have to scan it in once (per month) and then they have a record of it. Use the online delay repay form here:

https://www.southernrailway.com/your-journey/customer-services/delay-repay/delay-repay-form

Best of luck!