Trains cancellations - latest

Well, the buses up to Denmark Hill are already a lottery from North Cross Road onwards. There is a viable option to walk (ten minutes from EDW to DMK if you're relatively able-bodied), but of course the services at Denmark Hill are going to suffer huge knock-on consequences.

Many commuters from Peckham Rye will surely switch to the Thameslink route, and by Denmark Hill that'll be rammed, too.

There aren't even strikes on our line. The Metro services through EDW are already driver only operated and have been for a long time. No idea what the justification is for this.

wroed Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> The 8.02 terminates at South Bermondsey so there

> are actually on 3 trains to London Bridge between

> 6am and 9am where the current timetable has 12!

Good spot - I'll amend the listing above accordingly.

d.b Wrote:

> There aren't even strikes on our line. The Metro

> services through EDW are already driver only

> operated and have been for a long time. No idea

> what the justification is for this.

To shift drivers onto busier (and more profitable) mainline routes.

d.b Wrote:

> Surely the government has to make an example out

> of Southern. Despite woeful service, labour

> relations, and customer satisfaction, they are

> guaranteed profits each year. Not only that, but

> they have gone up year after year, despite

> requiring large government subsidies to run.

>

> http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/markets/article

> -3452793/Go-Ahead-profits-soar-17-amid-deluge-cust

> omer-complaints.html

About 6 or 7 years ago, when First Capital Connect ran the Thameslink service, it was an absolute shambles. Commuters suffered cancellations, severe delays, short-formed trains, missing out intermediate stops, severe overcrowding etc. on a daily basis. Punctuality dropped to 60% overall and I was averaging more than 2 delay repay vouchers per week, which is some going considering the minimum delay to get one is 30 minutes. A petition was started to ask the government to strip FirstGroup of the franchise but the closest we ever got to a result was Lord Adonis warning FCC that their service was "substandard". Which wasn't much consolation.

If there's anything I learnt from the FCC fiasco, it's to make sure you claim a refund for every single eligible delay. The only language the TOCs understand is money, so if enough people start impacting on their profits through claiming back compensation for delays they might - just might - take a tiny bit of notice. I wish you well with southern but I don't hold out much hope that you'll get anywhere with your complaints, in every sense of the word!

For the afternoon trains from London Bridge to East Dulwich, I think the only route is now the West Croydon one and that means the evening peak hour trains are listed below. 6 trains across 3 hours is pathetic!

16:40

17:11

18:08

18:51

19:11

19:40

Southern have just confirmed to me on Twitter (after 6 messages asking for info) that from ED to LB there are no other services between 8.30 and 9.30. I start work in LB at 9.30 - I'm sure I'm not the only one - hard enough to get a seat on the 8.51 as it is. I don't understand how this is being allowed to happen.

I have also emailed Harriet Harman, I hadn't thought about Sadiq Khan but will do so tomorrow - the more people that do, the better.

goldilocks Wrote:

> I should retract my previous post - I had thought

> that the national rail site would be updated, but

> now see that's not the case. Apologies for any

> false hope, this is ridiculous

Southern mentioned that journey planners will have the new timetable on from tomorrow.

Does anyone know if we have legal ground to sue Southern Rail because of this action? This will cause enormous stress and hardship to thousands of hardworking Residents of East Dulwich and other affected communities that rely on dependable rail services to/from London Bridge. Southern should not be allowed to get away with this.