Who has the Greatest Voice in music

Mick Mac

Christina Aguilera has got an amazing voice. I'm not really a fan of most of her music, but she's had the odd song I like, like "Fighter". Anyone who thinks she's just another bubblegum pop princess is not listening to her though, the girl can sing!

Oh ok then, Elisabeth Fraser always blew me away. Y

Dean Martin, Frankie et al knew how to sing a song.

For me though i don't think watching a bunch of monks sing vespers in a tiny monastery in the middle of the desert near Zaragoza will ever be topped as a vocal musical experience. Extraordinarily beautiful!!

That's made my day that HonaloochieB likes me lots! :D And you bought me champagne.

Cousin is not one for fibbing. I can only imagine that Mr Stewart had maybe had some bad/sad news, or had just become (or already is) very deaf, or had just seen his credit card bill from his daughter's latest shopping spree on Rodeo Drive, or something, to make him ignore the advances of my cousin.

PR - I think Sir Roderick of Stewart could have been in the hospital for cancer. He had some cancerous cells removed from his throat a few years back. Normally he is charm personified and man who enjoys a sense of humour and little drinkypoo but don't expect him to get 'em in as he is tight as two coats of paint - so I'm told.

Anyways - Aretha Franklin, the Queen of Soul has a throat and a half. If you're not moved when this lady sings you're clinically dead.

PeckhamRose Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> That's made my day that HonaloochieB likes me

> lots! :D And you bought me champagne.

>

> Cousin is not one for fibbing. I can only imagine

> that Mr Stewart had maybe had some bad/sad news,

> or had just become (or already is) very deaf, or

> had just seen his credit card bill from his

> daughter's latest shopping spree on Rodeo Drive,

> or something, to make him ignore the advances of

> my cousin.

That may well be the reason PR, but I suggest next time you meet up with your cousin, you relate the story back to him and give him a Larry David close-eyeball scrutinisation. One flinch and and wave the printed copy of this correspondece in his face.

If you're feeling so inclined, throw in a 'J'Accuse' and spit at his feet.

The Christmas gathering might be awkward, but what the hey.

And of course PR, to like? What's not to?

Geddoutahere!

OliviaDee Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Moos Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> >

> > I'm going to go for Kathleen Battle,

>

>

> i'm sure then you've heard her and Jesse Norman do

> Balm in Gilead.

>

> floors me every time.

I hadn't! Thank you so much for citing it - I could only find a crappy recording on YouTube, but brought tears to my eyes. The song is more of a showcase for Jessye Norman's wonderful richness (love her too) but they both shine.