Pregnant woman smoking down Lordship lane!

Growlybear, you do not know that the woman acted with 'such restraint' for starters. And the fact that you assume that many people would have hit out is sad.

AS has been said, if you choose to do something so socially and morally unacceptable and to flaunt it so publically, you should expect to get negative comments and looks.

Ann, thank you for your pertinent question ie define a chav. There are many variants of this creature but all are subject to the following commonalities:

Chavs are completely amoral, having never been subjected to right and wrong by their inattentive, uncaring and often absent parents. Poorly educated, non-skilled job with no chance of improving/ on the dole, normally obese with three children and one on the way, sounds common and feels the need to broadcast it to everyone within a three mile radius, cheap shiny Argos jewellery, no manners. Almost always smoke and drink White Lightning and buckfast tonic wine.

"Pregnant Chav[/b..not only fat but definitely pregnant"

This is a slippery slope like no other... our degenerate smoker is a "fat chav" to boot!

The OP seems almost as vitriolic about the heinous smoker's weight and social class as she is about the smoking.

Ligaturiosity Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Growlybear, you do not know that the woman acted

> with 'such restraint' for starters. And the fact

> that you assume that many people would have hit

> out is sad.

> AS has been said, if you choose to do something so

> socially and morally unacceptable and to flaunt it

> so publically, you should expect to get negative

> comments and looks.

>

> Ann, thank you for your pertinent question ie

> define a chav. There are many variants of this

> creature but all are subject to the following

> commonalities:

>

> Chavs are completely amoral, having never been

> subjected to right and wrong by their inattentive,

> uncaring and often absent parents. Poorly

> educated, non-skilled job with no chance of

> improving/ on the dole, normally obese with three

> children and one on the way, sounds common and

> feels the need to broadcast it to everyone within

> a three mile radius, cheap shiny Argos jewellery,

> no manners. Almost always smoke and drink White

> Lightning and buckfast tonic

(Yawn)

socially and morally unacceptable

Says who? Certainly not most o the people on here, or your husband.

Ann, thank you for your pertinent question ie define a chav. There are many variants of this creature but all are subject to the following commonalities:

Chavs are completely amoral, having never been subjected to right and wrong by their inattentive, uncaring and often absent parents. Poorly educated, non-skilled job with no chance of improving/ on the dole, normally obese with three children and one on the way, sounds common and feels the need to broadcast it to everyone within a three mile radius, cheap shiny Argos jewellery, no manners. Almost always smoke and drink White Lightning and buckfast tonic wine.

Do you know what, now I really hope you are just trolling for a bit of fun, because if this is really your opinion, I despair.

Prdarling, that's a shame that you can't understand my logic. Am I bovvered? Nah

Is it strange to query the logic of someone who is so irate about smoking in public but seems so think it's acceptable in private?

You are either trolling or you are mental. Either way you are seriously weird.

Think will leave this thread as you are really freaking me out now

Ligaturiosity Wrote:

> Growlybear, you do not know that the woman acted

> with 'such restraint' for starters. And the fact

> that you assume that many people would have hit

> out is sad.

> AS has been said, if you choose to do something so

> socially and morally unacceptable and to flaunt it

> so publically, you should expect to get negative

> comments and looks.

> So in what way did the woman not act with restraint? You said in your original post that she was 'rendered speechless' - that sounds quite restrained to me! If I chose to launch into an unprovoked verbal attack on a complete stranger, I would at the very least expect to be told to mind my own business, but would think myself lucky to walk away without having provoked her to the extent where she would have hit me. Whether or not it is 'sad' to assume that many women in that situation would have hit out is irrelevant, but it is reality. I think it is actually more socially and morally unacceptable to harangue a stranger publiclyfor smoking a cigarette, which as other people have pointed out is perfectly legal.

::o

NFW!

Did you really just say that?

>

> Lightning and buckfast tonic wine.

No, I think rather than explain what a Chav is, she just copied and pasted from a website as that is how they all describe a chav.

helena handbasket Wrote:

> ::o

> NFW!

>

> Did you really just say that?

>

> >

> > Chavs are completely amoral, having never been

> > subjected to right and wrong by their

> inattentive,

> > uncaring and often absent parents. Poorly

> > educated, non-skilled job with no chance of

> > improving/ on the dole, normally obese with

> three

> > children and one on the way, sounds common and

> > feels the need to broadcast it to everyone

> within

> > a three mile radius, cheap shiny Argos

> jewellery,

> > no manners. Almost always smoke and drink White

> > Lightning and buckfast tonic wine.

"Growlybear, you do not know that the woman acted with 'such restraint' for starters. And the fact that you assume that many people would have hit out is sad."

In comparison to how you acted, I think Growlybear has made a correct assement in that the woman in question acted in a restrained manner.

What's more, the fact that you find Growly's assumption that 'most would have lashed out' to be 'sad', is down right stupid. Hitting out can be either verbal which is what you would have, in my opinion, deserved, or physical, which I'm sure no one on this forum is condoning (even if a few are secretly wishing would have happened [NB// Probably more will think this after your outrageously pompous stereotyping session above]).

Oh and here's something constructive; don't ever assume that your parameter for moral acceptability is the same as everyone elses and, moreover, never assume that your morals are so finely-tuned that you have the right to tell others how to live their lives. Helpful?

Alec John Moore Wrote:

> I got told off twice by two people on a 37 bus a

> while ago because I allowed my kids to stand up on

> the seats and look out the back window. Both

> people looked and sounded African to me. I'm

> confused.

Maybe you were being told off for just being on the bus. People in Dulwich think: "A man who, beyond the age of 26, finds himself on a bus can count himself as a failure."

Ligaturiosity Wrote:

> Lightning and buckfast tonic wine.

Ligaturiosity,

I would like to wholeheartedly apologise for calling you judgemental earlier in the thread as I now accept that, in doing so, I may have inadvertently caused offence to ordinary, run-of-the-mill judgemental people, wheras you have taken being judgemental to a whole new level. I am rendered speechless (gosh you're good at that).

HH - I don't think you're a racist for one minute but I can see how your words may be interpreted that way. A bad choice of words maybe but I don't think that was your intention.

I?m not so sure she is a troll ? not conciously anyway. I doubt she knows what an internet troll is ? she would rather wiki ?chav? than ?troll?

For all their obnoxiousness, trolls posess a low-level cunning and infantile sense of humour that Lita? just?. doesn?t. Far more likely (and depressing) that she is as narcisstic and deluded as she appears

And I believe her when she says she has lots (well, more than 2) of PM?s from people to ?scared? to post. Truly, resistance is fertile

But if it was ME getting upset about being called psycho or a nutter, I?m not sure I would go about it the way she has