Lets look at the popes visit as an opportunity to

dulwichmum

mockney piers Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> It's a genuine stained glass window,

From where?

Just because its a window does not mean its acceptable for a "family forum" - if it were a picture or photo it would not be allowed.

Can you say where I can see this window?

Mick Mac Wrote:

> mockney piers Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > It's a genuine stained glass window,

>

>

> From where?

>

> Just because its a window does not mean its

> acceptable for a "family forum" - if it were a

> picture or photo it would not be allowed.

>

> Can you say where I can see this window?

Are these (childish but amusing) photos worse than the reality of what the pope continues to cover up and the suffering that some within the catholic church have caused? I don't think so.

On my list of "things I find offensive", these photos are at the back of the queue. Which do you find the most difficult to deal with?

Mick Mac Wrote:

> Eh - edcam

>

> Because Men abuse children does not make it

> acceptable to be "shown" on a forum.

>

> What other abuse would you think should be ok to

> be shown here ?

What a strange response. So it's acceptable to endorse the pope's visit, considering his flagrant disregard for human rights, allowing young people to think that what he stands for is ok? Why would anyone let their children into this part of the forum if they didn't want them to see some challenging/controversial content?

Sorry - not with you.

1) Pictures of child abuse, in whatever form, should not be allowed on this forum (my opinion only).

2)

So it's acceptable to endorse the pope's visit
- I certainly do not endorse the Pope's visit.

3)

would anyone let their children into this part of the forum if they didn't want them to see some challenging/controversial content?
- Of course not - and the administrators have to my knowledge always upheld a good reputation and would generally prevent children accidently seeing inappropriate images.

mockney piers Wrote:

> I'm guessing it'll probably be removed, but for

> the record it's in Los Angeles.

> It actually features in a scene in Six Feet Under

> as it happens, and the director's commentary said

> they spotted it during filming a scene there.

In that case its an accidental image ? Intentionally misrepresented ?

Party..?

Now throw your hands up in the air

And wave'em around like you just don't care

If you wanna party let me hear you yell

'Cause we've got it goin' on again

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/49092000/jpg/_49092284_010167240-1.jpg ( what is that in the left hand side of his mouth ? )

I go to the halls and then ring the bell

because I am the man with the clientele

and if ya ask me why I rock so well

A big bank, I got clientele

The Pope, as a citizen of Europe and the leader of a religion with many adherents in the UK, is of course free to enter and tour our country.

* However, as well as a religious leader, the Pope is a head of state and the state and organisation of which he is head has been responsible for:

1. opposing the distribution of condoms and so increasing large families in poor countries and the spread of AIDS

2. promoting segregated education

3. denying abortion to even the most vulnerable women

4. opposing equal rights for lesbians, gay, bisexual and transgender people

5. failing to address the many cases of abuse of children within its own organisation.

6. rehabilitating the holocaust denier bishop Richard Williamson and the appeaser of Hitler, the war-time Pope, Pius XII.

* The state of which the Pope is the head has also resisted signing many major human rights treaties and has formed its own treaties (?concordats?) with many states which negatively affect the human rights of citizens of those states.

* As a head of state, the Pope is an unsuitable guest of the UK government and should not be accorded the honour and recognition of a state visit to our country

Mind you, on many of those criteria you could also exclude Obama.

Probably not the child abuse, but you could trade Pius XII for state-sponsored terrorism.

You also can't hope to explore negotiated solutions if you haphazardly start excluding heads of state from your country. You tend to end up with a quid pro quo and a complete breakdown in communication. Nah gid fa naahbody.