Does anyone like Foxtons?

Gilles

Amusingly, whilst I was typing that last posting, a brochure for (you guessed it) Foxtons just plopped through my letterbox. Nice and glossy. Much more impressive than the cheapo ink-still-fresh flyer which Winkworth rushed-out only last week.

Nice pictures of the management. There's Warren, who manages sales. He's got a nice round friendly face and his fingertips are meeting in that classic Gordon Brown trust-me style. And then there's Anthony (lettings). He's doing more of an aggressive Blair-style horizontal hand 'I mean business' move. There's something in the eyes I'm not sure about.. but I'm sure he's keep the tenants on their toes, so.. whatever.

That's it! I've decided to sell-up. Goodbye, everyone!

I just hope Foxtons superior branding puts and end to the 'why wates?' toss all over the neighbourhood.

If it's 'why wait' they've got the impulse of the audience wrong, ever found yourself nipping out for a bacon butty and getting all impetuous and buying a 400K house? Hmmm.

If they mean why (choose) wates? they're asking a question which is going to be solved by what exactly? Am I meant to pop in and find out, or call them so they can tell my why I should use them. I know they think they're great, that's why they're in business.

And as for all those pictures of red things, thanks for that.

ap

Some friends of mine bought a flat from them in West Hampstead (Kilburn) and were given a gift when they moved in. It was cleverly packaged to look like a bottle of champagne. But turned out to be a model of one of the Foxton's-branded minis. Perfect for the modern mantelpiece (is that an oxymoron?) then!

That Foxtons brochure made me laugh though. Anyone want to buy a house in Ivanhoe Road, Camden? And the info on "your area" started off by talking about how residents of south-west london were so close to the west end. It listed two places to go out in ED, one of which was... Jerk Rock! Good work.

I like the garish shop front. It makes me sad to see it take up all that lighting and space on LL though, I can never go in and drink a coffee at the nice coffee bar or sit in one of the neeto chairs. I don't wanna sell my house. I don't wanna buy anyone's else's house. I can only press my nose up against the window and look at where I can't go.

Awwwwwwww.

On the vexed subject of estate agents' cars, I have to be fair to Foxtons and note that, the other day when I was down in that part of the world, there were two Haart cars parked on Crawthew by the side of Foxtons, and the usual threesome of Ludlow & Thompson ugly blue and yellow beetles in and around North Cross Road, but no sign of any Foxtons' Mini Coopers anywhere. So possibly they are keeping them garaged off-site somewhere?

Perhaps they have cottoned on to the fact that their branded cars antagonise the general public and have change to ?unmarked vehicles?

What surprises me is that they didn?t realise in the first place the way people would react to loads of cars all obviously from the same company taking up swathes of the local parking spaces.

Gilles Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Or any other estate agent in ED?

>

> Is there a better way?

>

> I have a digital camera, a net connection and a

> personable disposition, surely that's enough,

> better and more cost effective than paying ?5k to

> an agency?

>

>

Now now

there is a better way

doesn't this forum have a for sale section in it ??

It may not reach everyone but if people start to advertise their houses on here and maybe pay a small amount (?to be agreed) upon sale to the admin then the listings can be promoted through google and other websites as pay per click thus resulting in two things

1. People coming to the site to see properties for sale

2. More people reading the threads to see what ED is all about

a good thing in my opinion (now I just need to go back and clean up some of my comments !!)

i hate foxtons, even more so now that they have opened up on lordship lane. at first it was a total guessing game as to what this new massive open shop front would turn out to be. i thought it was going to be a new bar, to add to all the other recently rejuvintaed bars in the area. but no! it turns out tp be the biggest waste of space i've seen on lordship lane since cafe nero!

in this day and age of global awareness and constant reminders of the destruction of the world we are causing and how we all should do our bit to help the world including turning off unecessary electricity usage, along come foxtons to take over a huge space of what used to be a charming independent high street, leave all their high-powered lighting on all night with a widescreen tv almost billboard sized which is left on all night and day blaring out sky news. why? what benefit is this tv being on to anyone? has anyone noticed how their shop front colour changes colour? it infuriates me that they can get away with this. in some ways i wish it did turn out to be yet another trendy bar, at least they could have candles and low lighting and some purpose to being on a high street. but for god's sake, if you're not open turn your lights off, no-one needs to see this eyesore. and as for those fridges, they can stick them up their backsides.

is it only me that is this infuriated? maybe it's because i have seen east dulwich go under some drastic, independence-losing changes in the last 5 years. it is now turning in to what could be any other high street in the world.

Popped in today to ask about a valuation and a chat about possibly renting a house.

Crap greeting, nobody really had a clue about what was going on. Some girl dressed as a waitress wrote my name and number in the corner of an A4 pad. I guess I won't be hearing from them.

And they didn't even offer me a cappucino. Twats! Please keep my swearing intact Mark, we're all adults here.

Charlie