Does anyone like Foxtons?

Gilles

Balloon anyone?

If only there were enough to float away the simple looking bint holding them and offering them to children today on the Lane.

I've only lived here just over a year but hate Fuxtons (oops typo) being here and so obviously too. Visiting friends think it's a bar. So OTT and cliche'd it's ridiculous.

Made me laugh..

I couldn't believe how many I saw today - but the thing is I don't put too much blame on Foxton's - they are what they are and they are using every marketing trick in the book - it's just we don't have to be so bovine about it

"look honey, some purdy women are handing out balloons and even tho every other couple with a kid* on the lane has several of these things already attached to their pram EVEN THO THERE IS NOTHING IN IT FOR THEM, why don't we do the same. Uh huh"

* That isn't me complaining about couples or kids. I'm half of a couple and am a kid

I was in a trance and with Max when said bint pressed a balloon into my hand. Once I'd gone round the corner, and in order to not feel too guilty about littering, I handed the balloon to Max who promptly let it go (he's one), allowing me to publicly berate him for not considering the environment. How East Dulwich is that!

Charlie

Does anyone like Foxtons? It's a good question.

And there can only be on answer - 'No'.

And there can only be one reason for that answer - 'Because they are complete ****ers'.

It's important that we don't beat around the bush here. We do not dislike them because they have a slightly higher carbon footprint than Winkworths. Or because there are a few too many estate agents on Lordship Lane already. We dislike them because they are bad human beings. As *Bob* has pointed out, no crime is too large to be laid at their door.

It shows in their fin haircuts, their truly appalling sales brochure which seem to regard the opening of Cafe Nero as a step forward equivalent to the invention of the printing press, their portraits of their management that instantly inspire thoughts of violence, their brown shoes, their pumping of Sky TV into our high street, their targeting of children with MacDonald?s-style balloons, and most of all the complete certainty that every single one of them is a vacuous, moronic ****er who has sold what small soul they have in exchange for a Mini Cooper.

There, glad I got that off my chest.

Actually the one thing that has heartened me about all this is the rumour that they have a white Testerossa. Truly hilarious.

wow. Add me and that makes 3 Fall fans in East Dulwich talking about Foxtons. If I could I would find an apposite lyric to make my point about Foxtons' outrageously un eco-friendly jumbotron blazing Sky News away on a Sunday evening. Switch the F**king thing off you C**ts-ah. (that's not a Fall lyric)

As a former estate agent, with former (greedy) colleagues who defected to join Foxtons, I absolutely deplore their aggressive, bully-boy tactics. They clearly intend to push some of the smaller agents out of business locally purely by virtue of their flashy ways, cars, flower arrangements, limestone flooring etc etc.

Personally, I resent being sent no less than 7 letters urging me to sell my home (incorrectly addressed and titled) for 0%. I hope once this once in a lifetime offer expires the good people of East Dulwich boycott Foxtons and force them to return to SW London where they belong taking their garish furniture with them.

Still anyone who dares describe Dulwich Village as SE15 can't be all bad...

The snorklets have been given free rein to run amok in the new foxtons branch whenever we pass. they have also been told this isd the only place they can use their new found naughty words.

The hollow fixed smiles of the one dimensional foxtons staff will fade after the 2nd or 3rd visit I think

I look forward to the inevitable stand off as Foxtons call the filth to get us barred from the premises. The SLP will be informed of course.

Taking part in the quiz at the Clock House last night I was amused to see the winners were aptly (and I can only assume truthfully in the absence of any evidence to doubt their claim) 'I sh*! on a Foxtons Mini'. Could this catch on as a sport? Don't try this at home etc....

re Snorky's use of Foxtons as somewhere for the snorklets to run around in (top idea by the way) - could we organise some kind of flash-mob-Foxtons type thing, whereby Forum members bring themselves, their kiddies and pets along to the branch at an alloted time - and all gather to watch Sky News on their big screen, whilst the children play on the pretty coloured chairs (or visa versa).

I think it would be really funny - we might even make it onto BBC London News with Rizla Teeth.

Just get the details arranged here and I have a funny feeling the SLP might be on hand, complete with photographer (a bit like peter parker and spiderman, sort of).

Tom, a bit less of the daily mail emotive language a la the DMC story this time eh? I know they're your sister paper and all...but...