Any other hunters in East Dulwich?

Scribe

Scribe Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> >

> As I've quite clearly stated already, aquarius

> moon, I was replying in kind. Please feel free to

> produce evidence that proves otherwise.

Replying in kind does not justify this response.

With that complete lack of self control I would be worried about you carrying any kind of weapon

Why? It seemed quite reasonable, given the evasive nature of aquarius moon's proclaimation.

The reason being is that unlike you, they've realised it's not a wind-up. But please, instead of bleating repetitive supposition feel free to provide some actual evidence that proves otherwise.

As long as you're catching the fish so that you can eat it, then I can't see a problem with it; but others will no-doubt be deeply, deeply offended by it. Although I must admit, I don't really have the patience for fresh or salt water fishing.

Scribe Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> >

> Then you're very easily amused. And in any case,

> this *Bob* is only attempting humour so that he or

> she can deflect and distract from the issue at

> hand - an issue that he or she seems incapable of

> discussing like an adult.

The issue at hand is you like hunting, yes we get it.

Only just read (well skimmed through most of) this thread. Just to add my opinion.

I eat meat, and have no moral issue with it (although I do admit that it probably isn't sustainable). However, I think people that like hunting are a bit weird. Yes, you can claim that you kill stuff and eat it, but what is the point? You can buy it down the road, so don't give me that. It's macho nonsense, because people love the power that they feel when they kill something.

Kill something withour firearms, and I'll take my hat off to you, and say fair game.

As for whether or not Scribe is infact BigBadWolf, I'm not 100% sure, but it was definitely my first instinct, and the style of writing since definitely hasn't convinced me otherwise.

I can understand why you think people that hunt, for whatever reason, are a bit wierd in the sense that food can be quite easily sourced from a supermarket, but is it so wierd that I choose not to because I prefer to use a skill that I've honed through experience to take meat from its primary source, the animal itself? In today's convenience reliant society, perhaps. But I don't really care what other people think, or do to condemn what I see as a perfectly natural thing to do.

I've also learned from another thread that you're something of a musician, Keef. But if I was to apply your reasoning, I could dismiss an interest of yours with equal measure by opining that people who write and perform their own music are a "bit weird", seeing as there's plenty of music available on the radio, online or in the shops. And that making your own music is just attention-seeking nonsense. By saying/writing that, I'm not trying to provoke an argument or insult you personally. I'm just trying to get my point across within a parameter you've set-out.

I see your point, but I don't really think the comparrison hold water.

Why do people like pottery, when they can buy a perfectly good vase in the shops? You could turn that to many hobbies, but most of them don't involve going out and killing things for pure fun. I am sure it is a skill, I have absolutely no doubt about that, but basically it's all about the kill isn't it?

It does, actually. But only if you ommit the supposition that you've continued with in the latter half of your post. Killing is an undeniable aspect of hunting, that's a fact I can agree on, but you're assuming, although you're not alone in doing so, that I hunt for "pure fun". I don't. My sole motive when hunting game with a bow, or an air rifle, is the harvesting of edible meat, as I've continuously maintained throughout this thread. If I was hunting for "pure fun", I'd shoot the animal, leave it for the carrion birds or have its head mounted above my mantlepiece, which I don't, aswell as vehemently opposing, as I've (yet again) continuously maintained throughout this thread.

The bottom line - which I've (yet again) maintained throughout this thread - is that, although I enjoy the tracking, I don't hunt purely for fun.

Again, applying your reasoning, people used to make music because they had to if they wanted to enjoy it privately. But "that is not the case here and now".

The tracking of an animal is assertaining where it's been and estimating, through observing footprints and other natural indicators, how far away it is, and what direction it's headed. That's the real challenge.

Stalking is shadowing your prey once it's within visual range. You then move gradually closer to get a clear shot at your target. And when hunting with a bow, you have to get a lot closer to your prey than you would with a full-bore rifle.

I also feel obliged to mention that most of the hunting trips I go on abroad are usually within the confines of an established hunting estate. But the animal is not drugged in any way and has an equal chance of escaping the hunter, and in my case has, on many occasions.

Stalking is a requirement when hunting a large animal that is capable of rapidly evading the hunter. I don't, contrary to what you're surreptitiously implying, follow and harrass women over a sustained period of time. But tell me, cincinatti kid. Do you have anything of any relevance to add, other than childish distractions?

For a second I though this was another World of Warcraft thread ;-) (I play a hunter char you see ;-) ) I only hunt Pixels and data structures. Fired a 12 bore once with my dad when I was a LOT younger (and living in the countryside) never again. Had a bruised shoulder for over a week