*Bob* Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> The 'Arrows' need only be the cherry on the

> cake..

>

> I suggest: an elderly motorcycle display team -

> doing that pyramid formation thing; a thousand

> Morris dancers; Beefeaters doing the Lambeth Walk

> and donkey rides near the long jump pit.

Beats Kylie on a giant flip-flop any day. Or was it a giant thong? :-S I can?t recall.

They wouldnt be allowed to do a display - just a fly past with smoke trailing - much as they have done over central London.

I seem to remember something similar at South African event on the TV a few years ago (Rugby, cricket?) when a SA Airways 747 flew over the stadium in formation with some SA Airforce jets.

Didnt the Patroulle de France do a fly by for the world cup?

Clearly we have to have English Morris dancing, Welsh close harmony singing, Scottish sword dancing and Northern Irish marching-in-an-assertive-manner at the opening ceremony.

What we should do is get the formation underage drinking display team in from Chatham in their best burberry and bling.

They down their bacardi breezers in an impressive display of foolishness before synchronised throwing up, vandalising phone boxes and going off for a quick knee trembler behind the managerial dugout.

Red Arrows Shmarrows.

Michael Palaeologus Wrote:

> Clearly we have to have English Morris dancing.

I'm gonna side with Oscar Wilde on this one, who once said:- "One should try everything once except Morris dancing and incest."

I went to an air display in SA where the SAA 747 did a flyby by touching the tarmac and taking off again. I think they now do flyby's with the Airbus 340. Incidentally at same airshow one of the parachutes of a marine failed to open in front of the crowd. Not nice.

Re: Red Arrows new

Posted by: Jah Lush Today, 02:01PM

Michael Palaeologus Wrote:

> Clearly we have to have English Morris dancing.

I'm gonna side with Oscar Wilde on this one, who once said:- "One should try everything once except Morris dancing and incest."

=====================================================

Blimey - I lived in Norfolk for a while and knew people that did both!!

I was at the Wales v Australia rugby game in Cardiff a few weeks ago - part of the "French" Rugby World Cup.

At the end of the game there was a fly-past by the Red Arrows in a delta formation - and very impressive it was. At the time I couldn't help but think it would have been even more impressive had the roof of the stadium been open...

Can we expect a similar level of eptitude (if such a thing exists) during the London Olympics?

Thank God there is some humour here NOW.

Honestly guys, everyone could offend someone by whatever they do. The fact is that sometimes those that see offensiveness isnt necessarily seen as offensive to those that we MIGHT offend as offensive!!

That was difficult, but hope you get my gist!!:-S

How about the Red Arrows actually doing a Morris Dance stylie display?

"Ladies and Gentlemen, the Red Arrows. The display will start with the "Concorde break", moving into "diamond nine", then into "Bonny Green Gaters", the "Bampton Sidestep" and the "Maid of the Mill". At which point the synchro-pair will peel off for "Shave the Donkey", rejoining the group for "Bobbing Around"."