School coaches Townley Road

Asset

I'd assume the reason they don't use that driveway is because it looks like it's only a single-lane width, so whichever coach was at the front would block in all the others. And it would prevent emergency service access, as mentioned above.

ETA: Though it wouldn't be that difficult to widen it and make it two lanes!

redjam Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I'd assume the reason they don't use that driveway

> is because it looks like it's only a single-lane

> width, so whichever coach was at the front would

> block in all the others. And it would prevent

> emergency service access, as mentioned above.

>

> ETA: Though it wouldn't be that difficult to widen

> it and make it two lanes!

It's not a single lane - if you look at the attached photo, you'll see that there are several cars parked under the trees in front of the main building and there's still space for other vehicles to drive past. It might be a bit too narrow for two coaches to pass, but - as you say - it wouldn't be difficult to widen that driveway.

Jennys, the letter you post isn't about coaches. Can you imagine what things would be like if every child who goes on those coaches was picked up by car instead!! I had a complicated journey to school but, like most others at my school, made my way to school by public transport.

singalto Wrote:

> Jennys, the letter you post isn't about coaches.

> Can you imagine what things would be like if every

> child who goes on those coaches was picked up by

> car instead!! I had a complicated journey to

> school but, like most others at my school, made my

> way to school by public transport.

Yes I know it isn?t about coaches, although there are quite a lot of parents? cars outside Alleyn?s as well as coaches. I also agree coaches are better and public transport is surely better still. I only posted the letter mainly because it amused me and also to show school students getting to school seems to be a bit of a problem elsewhere as well

DCP is the most dangerous.Parents/Carers in cars all on double yellow & zigzag KEEP .CLEAR....DCP pay the Council for 2 parking attendants from 3-4.30....I saw 2 cars on double yellows,warden next to cars.He has been told to give them 5mins!!!Couldnt believe what I was hearing,hence it goes on.Worse at 5pm when kids have after school clubs,it's dark,no wardens & really selfish drivers....DCP have now asked for number plates...name & shame think it's the only way,as they have had countless letter requests from the school.

Townleygreen Wrote:

> I believe it's now called Dulwich Prep London -

> presumably to distinguish it from the College?

It might be because there is also a Dulwich College Prep school located in Cranbrook, kent. I believe this was established as a war evacuation camp for Dulwich College Preparatory School here in South London.

• 5 weeks later...

Saddest sight of the week were the two Southwark traffic wardens in Townley Road opposite Alleyns at 08.30 on Monday morning. Clearly no one had told them that the school did go back fully until today.

Were they there this morning does anyone know? I took a different route this morning.

They might still have caught staff from the Health Centre at the Lordship Lane end of Townley Road who regularly park on all those sets of double yellow lines with which all the road junctions off Townley Road (and elsewhere) have been decorated.

EDOldie Wrote:

> Jennys, I've seen cars parked on double yellow

> lines there with Blue Badges in their windows and

> have always assumed that they were patients of the

> health centre rather than staff. Surely the staff

> wouldn't park on double yellows?

Surely cars with blue badges aren't allowed to park on double yellow lines either?

Sue Wrote:

> Surely cars with blue badges aren't allowed to

> park on double yellow lines either?

They can (I know as my sister has one) - up to three hours as long as more than 15m from a junction and there are no other posted restrictions.

If you can take a picture. IT would be Southwark Parking Enforcement on a Sotuhwark ROad such as that part of Lordship Lane.

tfwsoll Wrote:

> The coach situation is now beyond a joke. There

> is a coach completely blocking the Heber Road bus

> stop on Lordship Lane as he can't park on Townley

> Road. I'll report it to TFL.

tfwsoll Wrote:

> The coach situation is now beyond a joke. There

> is a coach completely blocking the Heber Road bus

> stop on Lordship Lane as he can't park on Townley

> Road. I'll report it to TFL.

Phone Apcoa who do Southwark Parking Enforcement on 0207 708 8587 and tell them.

I think that when they park in bus stops they automatically get tickets -- the buses photograph them and enforcement is automatic. That's what I was told when I tried to report a car parked in a bus stop to Apcoa and it might be true. Bus stop parking is very unusual. But I think it's always worth reporting -- it shows the public cares.

I have got a picture, which I'll send to parking enforcement. The driver claimed he was told by the police to park there as there was no space on Townley Road - he also said he was an ex policeman, knew he had the right to park there and said I had no right to photograph his vehicle! He'd had the engine idling for around 10 minutes - he turned it off when I told him it was adding to pollution and said he hadn't had the engine on since he parked.