Do you want Controlled Parking YES or NO

Surely it would be beneficial if parking dangerously - across dropped kerbs and suchlike -was actively enforced in the area, before imposing a blunt instrument of a CPZ? it is quite disgusting the way that ignorant people park and negatively impact those who need to use the dropped kerbs, not to mention the danger of blocking sight lines for other road users. I have yet to see a dangerously parked car ticketed

We don't really want a CPZ but am starting to think we have no other option.

We live on Ashbourne Grove and my driveway is parked over at least twice a day or more.

When you ask people to move their car etc., you get called a 'sl*t, cu*t, entitled bit*h...' They do this in front of both my and their own children.

We have had threats such as 'we know where you live, we have pictures of your children'.

Our neighbours cars have had acid thrown on them and nails placed in the tyres, as have we. I know people who have now put up CCTV for their own safety.

Many of these people work on Lordship lane.

Yes we have called Southwark parking enforcement but people drive off and unless the car wheel is actually touching the flat section of the driveway they will not ticket, with the overhang of large cars it makes the driveway inaccessible but people get away with it so they keep doing it.

Plus we have informed the council, the police etc., but really in the larger scheme of things it is not a priority with budget cuts etc.

We have had people park across the drive and leave notes etc., which we have never refused, but they are a very small minority.

Of an evening our street has ample parking for residents, maybe not right outside their door but ample parking.

If a CPZ was implemented the council would actually start to be interested in enforcement until they will ignore the issues and complaints raised by residents.

"We don't really want a CPZ but am starting to think we have no other option.

We live on Ashbourne Grove and my driveway is parked over at least twice a day or more.

When you ask people to move their car etc., you get called a 'sl*t, cu*t, entitled bit*h...' They do this in front of both my and their own children.

We have had threats such as 'we know where you live, we have pictures of your children'.

Our neighbours cars have had acid thrown on them and nails placed in the tyres, as have we. I know people who have now put up CCTV for their own safety.

Many of these people work on Lordship lane."

So they'll have ED business passes, just like elsewhere in Southwark. They'll still be able to park outside your house.

flocker spotter Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Me too Sue. You do not need to answer question 8,

> which in my opinion degrades a survey on attitudes

> to the prospect of a CPZ into a daft political

> action. How could you have been so dumb?

Eh?!

Again, why don't those who say they are having difficulty parking on roads near the station simply park on roads just south of ED Grove? Plenty of space on Melbourne, Tell Groves etc. at all times of day. There always have been.

The suggestion that a CPZ should be put in place for anyone within 10 minutes walk of the station (as mentioned by one poster above) would be an enormous swathe of roads, and is clearly not warranted.

Down Melbourne South here, still just 5 minutes walk from station - no parking issue on this road.

Not sure where the assumption that a CPZ will be damaging for local businesses comes from - other than being a scare tactic. Surely there is scope to increase short term parking for customers if commuter parking pressures are reduced?

Within the Herne Hill CPZ there continues to be some FREE controlled bays as we have today in East Dulwich.

Could be a win win for residents and businesses.

Bobby P Wrote:

> Again, why don't those who say they are having

> difficulty parking on roads near the station

> simply park on roads just south of ED Grove?

> Plenty of space on Melbourne, Tell Groves etc. at

> all times of day. There always have been.

>

> The suggestion that a CPZ should be put in place

> for anyone within 10 minutes walk of the station

> (as mentioned by one poster above) would be an

> enormous swathe of roads, and is clearly not

> warranted.

>

> Down Melbourne South here, still just 5 minutes

> walk from station - no parking issue on this road.

I do the school run along this road twice a day and have been counting spaces. Mornings around 9am there are around 5-6 spaces on the whole stretch, by 3pm there are generally a couple, but fewer. I often try to park on Tell Grove and find it full. I?m not sure we live in the same place at all Bobby P. Regardless of our differing views, once the medical centre (capacity up to 500 people on site at once - 22 parking spaces) and school (can?t remmebr but from memmory around 11 parking spaces) go live, then it would seem likely that any spare spaces will be used.

"Posted by James Barber Today, 11:35AM

Many thanks for the 189 respondents so far before we've widely advertised this"

You could have just written, emailed or texted them personally with their data you now have. You are going to be writing to the survey respondents about non CPZ lib dem stuff anyway now arent you?

Hi Rendel harris / Pugwash,

It is a great idea but relies upon the idea that free parking doesn't exist anywhere else. So if a CPZ is looking likely I'll have a chat with Sainsburys.

Hi Abe-froeman,

I fee la little damned if I do and damned if I don't. Some have raised concerns about be using this to communicate with people. And now you're saying why haven't you told people the results so far - less than a week after opening this up.

SE22 will be delivered in the next day or so. A fortnight after that I will collate the initial results.

Does that seems fair and reasonable?

Hi bel123,

Not sure if you spotted The Lordship Lane shopping report I signposted - https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0ahUKEwiux7f1wI7aAhUkK8AKHWl5AcQQFggpMAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.southwark.gov.uk%2Fassets%2Fattach%2F1922%2F2.2.11%2520Lordship_Lane_Web_Report.pdf&usg=AOvVaw1x_zdaBQEUgxWH7fRiLqAf

It shows 22% of Lordship Lane shoppers drive there. One angle to view this is any CPZ would discourage people driving to shop in the area. Another view would be except for the time of CPZ operation shoppers would be more likely to find somewhere to park.

Hi Bobby P,

The new CPZ being installed just after the local elections to the north of East Dulwich railway line will add parking pressures to the south. You assume everyone can or wants to walk for 10mins 2/3 mile. People tell me on the doorstep it means they can;t leave the area by car in the daytime without having to park some distance away. That's perhaps fine for you and me. But if you have a real need and mobility issues yourself or your dependents then you either move or don't go out or use taxis if you can afford them. And these behaviours appear ot be so non local residents can park near a station and largely car commute - presumably from another place that has a station with more expensive ticket prices not in zone 2.

Hi ford,

CPZ business permits cost ?577.50 each.

James Barber Wrote:

> Hi Bobby P,

> The new CPZ being installed just after the local

> elections to the north of East Dulwich railway

> line will add parking pressures to the south. You

> assume everyone can or wants to walk for 10mins

> 2/3 mile. People tell me on the doorstep it means

> they can;t leave the area by car in the daytime

> without having to park some distance away. That's

> perhaps fine for you and me. But if you have a

> real need and mobility issues yourself or your

> dependents then you either move or don't go out or

> use taxis if you can afford them. And these

> behaviours appear ot be so non local residents can

> park near a station and largely car commute -

> presumably from another place that has a station

> with more expensive ticket prices not in zone 2.

Sorry, James, but if people have serious mobility issues, they can of course get a designated disabled space outside their home. No one is objecting to that, but you are being amusingly disingenuous here (you are politically obliged to force CPZs on the whole area, as that's LibDem policy: it's mad ideology over practical reality).

Because some people are seriously disabled, the WHOLE area has to be zoned? This is nonsense, entirely political, and you know it.

(And I have never, ever had to park more than a couple of minutes' walk away in 15 years of living here, near the junction of Melbourne/Ashbourne - not once, anything even approaching 10 mins' walk away: there are 5 places currently available as I look out of the window at 3.30pm - which is typical).

Galileo Wrote:

>

> I do the school run along this road twice a day

> and have been counting spaces. Mornings around 9am

> there are around 5-6 spaces on the whole stretch,

> by 3pm there are generally a couple, but fewer. I

> often try to park on Tell Grove and find it full.

> I?m not sure we live in the same place at all

> Bobby P. Regardless of our differing views, once

> the medical centre (capacity up to 500 people on

> site at once - 22 parking spaces) and school

> (can?t remmebr but from memmory around 11 parking

> spaces) go live, then it would seem likely that

> any spare spaces will be used.

Tell is fuller than Melbourne, certainly, being shorter - but is simply my first place to look on the odd occasion that no spaces exist outside my house.

I live on the stretch of Melbourne between Ashbourne and ED Grove - and I can only tell you the truth, that since moving here in 2003, I've never had to park more than a couple of minutes' walk away, and mostly can park outside the house (at all times of day).

Let's see what happens when Medical Centre and School open. If there is a sudden glut of extra cars and less space, then we will see, but none of us are prophets. Right now, though, with a typical 4/5 spaces free mid-afternoon as I peer out of my window, I really can't agree that change is necessary.

With regards to mobility - the criteria for a Blue Badge or a designated disabled bay is quite strict, People who may be able to walk for say 10 minutes at a time and cover a short distance i.e, Dulwich Library - top of Crystal Palace Road, are unlikely to be eligible for either of the above. My family when they visit usually end up parking 2 streets away (evenings and weekends) but they do not have mobility issues.

James Barber Wrote:

> And these

> behaviours appear ot be so non local residents can

> park near a station and largely car commute -

> presumably from another place that has a station

> with more expensive ticket prices not in zone 2.

The proposed Grove Vale CPZ consultation malarkey showed this as negligible ? in any case, a Zone 3 travelcard costs you just ?20 more a month than a Zone 2 one. Zone 4 is ?55 more, but is someone really going to drive from Penge, say, in the rush hour to save themselves less than ?3 a day in fares?

Hi Bobby P,

It IS NOT Lib Dem policy to force CPZ on anything - what is your source for such wild assertions?

Hi Pugwash,

Thanks for this.

Hi BNG,

Then why do the streets near East Dulwich station fill up with cars during the working day?

And when the CPZ introduced around Herne Hill and North Dulwich station the streets now have plenty of parking spaces. It seems pretty clear some people are integrating cars and public transport into their commutes. It's whether this bothers residents enough to want the down side of controlled parking.

James, I was questioning the idea that it's people driving in from miles away to take advantage of cheaper fares. The 'commuters' are far far more likely to be people who are a. working locally or b. only live half a mile away and are being a bit lazy.

We are 7 mins walk from ED station and have parking spaces all day long.

Really James!!!!! Are you seriously trying to resurrect this dead horse??? Or CPZ???

If the good people of East Dulwich, want to pay for a parking permit, and assume they will have any possibility of parking outside their house, then good luck with that.

Why are you continuously pushing this James Barber, I am so disappointed with the councillors of East Dulwich, so happy to be living in croydon.:)

I am a retailer and have just read some of the posts relating to the local retailers and the CPZ. I cannot speak for all of us, however because we have an amazing community of retailers who talk to each other, re local issues. I can assure you the CPZ will affect the retailers, Visitors and trades visiting the area.

Re the thread re parking outside peoples drives on Ashbourne grove, I really cannot understand where you are coming from???

East Dulwich have parking enforcement officers from 7am til 6pm. If they are not controlling the northbound bus lane, they are enforcing penalties on cars parked on double yellow lines, dropped kerbs and parking bay.

We are always trying to warn drivers not to park at certain times, its up to them, if they want to take chance and leave their car parked illegally. Their responsibilities, not ours.

I have mentioned this before and I will say it again, we fought the last attempt of bringing in a CPZ and we will do it again. CPZs do mot guarantee parking outside your home.

Hi monica,

Come canvassing with me and tell me that their isn't significant demand for controlled parking. This is not something I have resurrected. This s something that has un prompted been raised not he doorsteps of East Dulwich. Hence the TEMPERATURE check to see if fundamentally views have changed or whether we're only hearing form people bothered by parking stress and not from perhaps many who are silent. If I had an axe to grind I really would not be presenting this survey in this way. It would rather be a petition.

And yes I have highlighted that it could damage businesses or could aid businesses and the 22% on average of their custom who drive to the area. Businesses near to the station it would likely create parking opportunities during the day currently occupied by commuters. I've linked several times to a study of shopping habits to show people where the 22% comes from and I've also highlighted the risk this may pose to struggling businesses. I am attempting to be as open and transparent as possible.