Do you want Controlled Parking YES or NO

NO.

We used to live in a Permit Parking area and it was a nightmare - many more permits issued than spaces available.

When we moved to SE22 it was a great improvement, so I would like to second all the arguments in the threads so far.

I completed the survey because I wanted to swell the No numbers, but when at the end it began to get intrusively personal I gave a fictional d.o.b. and ticked all the party boxes.

Hi everyone,

As stated at the start of this thread - the only mandatory questions in this survey are views on controlled parking and name, address. As stated name and address is to confirm if some one is a resident of the area and which street their comment and views relate to.

The no, no, no's is exactly why we're running this survey.

It is easy to get people feeling parking stress to respond to a survey aimed at collecting peoples views for controlled parking. But we need to hear from everyone - for and against - to get the fullest view.

The alternative is a public consultation at great public expense that then uncovers those for and against and only then people against come forward.

The fact that the James and the Lib Dems are obviously collecting data to use politically under the guise of an innocent parking survey does not surprise me one bit. A few years ago after emailing him just once I started getting emails from both the London Lib Dems and the national party. When I contacted them and said I had never subscribed or asked to join their email list and the only way they could have it is if James had passed it to them without my permission they said well I must have signed a petition at some point. I deliberately never give my email in anything I sign but it does show their attitude that they regard such things are fair game. It made me question their ethics and any respect I had for them. To add insult to injury I found I could not unsubscribe from their wretched emails and only managed too after contacting their Press Office.I do respect James and his commitment and hard work to our area but this data collecting exercise is at best Ill judged.

James - you keep saying that certain questions are optional but their very inclusion in the survey has sown a lot of cynicism. It may go some way to restore the Forum?s trust if they were simply deleted off the survey i.e.

Phone and email

Year of Birth

Voting preference

Though this may be closing the stable door after the horse has bolted.

James is this survey really an alterntive to public consultation? The council could implement a CPZ on the back of replies to a lib dem survey monkey poll posted on the EDF without further ado?

I think that must be balls, frankly, and this looks to me like a cynical data harvesting exercise for your party to spam respondents.

DulwichFox Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Who needs a survey ?

>

> I think it is quiet clear from the replies here

> that Controlled Parking is NOT wanted.

>

This is a tiny number of responses from a few people who use this forum, have read this thread and have posted on it.

As penguin68 says, it is meaningless.

And I say that as somebody who definitely does not want CPZ.

Charles Notice wrote

"Even if you say no to a CPZ if other streets say yes Southwark will say we will have to include your street as it will impose greater parking stress on others not in a CPZ.

If 99 people say no and 100 people say yes, majority wins you will lose.

You cannot win."

As part of the DKH recent survey the above was used to justify a CPZ.

Southwark would love to be able to hold a survey to push one through.

Unfortunately a CPZ will at some point be pushed though.

Control is what they are looking for in the Borough.

Hi nomen,

some people will leave an email address to be updated others a phone number for text update. Postage costs me more cash, time and effort. And until 4 May I can;t spend any money else it would count as an election expense.

Hi sider69,

Can you share the link to the DKH CPZ report please - I'm knackered and going to relax after a long day canvassing.

hi Sue,

Before postings here I had submitted a piece in my SE22 column about this sign posting the survey. So it will be widely distributed across the area in print form. The forum is great but only one medium to communicate with residents.

James,

Despite your protestations about the cost of postage and needing email addresses, the bottom line is that it seems as if you've used your "opinion poll" as a exercise to harvest data regarding people's political preferences ahead of the forthcoming election, which seems completely inappropriate.

What's more why exactly do you need to carry out on online opinion poll, when there's already a proper consultation procedure at the disposal of the council. A cynic, would say that you just want to try and find out which side to back!

James Barber Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Hi nomen,

> some people will leave an email address to be

> updated others a phone number for text update.

> Postage costs me more cash, time and effort. And

> until 4 May I can;t spend any money else it would

> count as an election expense.

>

> Hi sider69,

> Can you share the link to the DKH CPZ report

> please - I'm knackered and going to relax after a

> long day canvassing.

>

> hi Sue,

> Before postings here I had submitted a piece in my

> SE22 column about this sign posting the survey. So

> it will be widely distributed across the area in

> print form. The forum is great but only one medium

> to communicate with residents.

If you contact Joanna Redshaw at Southwark Council as Project Manager I am sure she can give you the link and full report on the consultation

Regards