Trouble in peckham?

gk

Anyone else suspect that rather than a great uprising of the underclass, a load of kids went mental last night, because it seemed very exciting, and they got carried away with mob mentality.

Today they are lying low, and basically that will be that.

lindylou Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> hI MRS F. GLAD U HAD A NICE TIME IN DULWICH PARK.

> BUT THERE AGAIN U HAVEN'T HAD UR BUSINESS BURNED

> DOWN OR BEEN MADE HOMELESS BECAUSE YOUR FLAT HAS

> BEEN TARGETTED. THIS IS NOT A JOKE, DON'T TREAT IT

> AS SUCH.

That is a crazy response!!! Of course everyone feels dreadful for people who have lost their homes and businesses but you have to get a grip and keep positive. I was with mrs F and it was indeed a pleasant walk, how is that a joke!?? Is everyone supposed to just give up, be miserable and scared in their houses? Or cry at the smashed windows of the Palmerston. I think it is clear from the number of views on this thread how much we all love our community and our businesses. who is suggesting it's a joke?!

looks like the looting has been taken to a new level - a friend of mine send me this and despite all the current ongoings it made me smile

and yes i am taking this whole thing serious but i think we have all expressed how terrible and serious the past days have been and how much we all care about our local commuty

Peckham very quiet, sad about the clothes shop that was burnt down and not overly bothered by Tesco. Low profile policing and had a chat with some of the officers. Impressed by the tribute outside Poundland. Hopefully that will be it. Think despite how bad it has all been some over-reporting and also the rumour mill hasn't helped.

BB100 Wrote:

> THEY ARE NOT ALL KIDS. Many are in their 20's and

> 30's. With over 500 arrests in London plenty of

> troublemakers have suddenly been wipe off the

> streets in one swoop.

I am aware of that, there were some older criminals, and they probably started the looting, and I suspect the kids then followed suit, and carried it on.

The older ones either got arrested, or have been smart enough to stay quiet, whilst the kids run riot on some mental rampage.

Yep I agree with that elizabethg, its been reassuring to read of people carrying on as usual. I think the police and emergency services have been fantastic. Have also talked to so many people at bus stops, shops and on the street (more than ever). Everyone trying to support each other where they can.

The forum has been supremely helpful, really appreciate the resource.

StraferJack Wrote:

> first of all, portal 2 involves rather more

> intelligence than the average looter posseses -

> more likely to be some grim. grey military

> shooter

OK then... Killzone 3? (actually that's what I'm playing at the moment, but I didn't nick it, honest...)

That boy is a regular at the Goose Green playground.

I only recognise his face, as I've noticed he's always up at the playground not to play (too old/cool for that), but just hanging about, pushing the other (smaller) kids in his little posse about.

mention as

cmck83 Wrote:

> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2024012/Th

> ey-stole-EVERYTHING-Shelves-stripped-bare-shops-ra

> nsacked-looters-pillage-London-high-streets.html

>

>

> The kid on the bike about halfway down was

> involved in the looting of Tesco, if anyone knows

> him please report him.

23e Heure Wrote:

> That boy is a regular at the Goose Green

> playground.

>

> I only recognise his face, as I've noticed he's

> always up at the playground not to play (too

> old/cool for that), but just hanging about,

> pushing the other (smaller) kids in his little

> posse about.

He'll be found, his is one of the main pictures the press is using. I had a run in with him once outside Tescos too. He tried to throw something at my bike.

>

>

>

> mention as

> cmck83 Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> >

> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2024012/Th

>

> >

> ey-stole-EVERYTHING-Shelves-stripped-bare-shops-ra