Football Focus

jenniejenjen10

I don't recall Beckham being a diver as you imply.Good with free kicks for sure. Will you ever forget that world cup winning one he got against Greece?....... Or was it a draw, and meant you didn't have to go into a two legged playoff against Antartica to qualify for the wc? Felt like you won it though given the number of times it's rolled out on the tele!

"We're giving everything and we're not let down by anything that's a football matter. We're let down by incompetence."

That's a quote from Warnock after sunday's game. So he doesn't think the incompetent marking at that corner was a football matter that let the team down?

He's typical of most managers these days that will always try to find a scapegoat, usually the ref, to excuse a bad result.

Jah Lush Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Atila, let's get this straight. I've no intention

> of deigning to acknowledge you anymore because of

> your constantly rude and abrasive style, or no

> style at all as the case may be.

> You constantly act like a stroppy little

> playground bully. According to you every other

> team is shit apart from your beloved Arsenal.

> You're an idiot and one should never argue with an

> idiot because they will drag you down to their

> level and beat you with experience. Get used to

> being ignored because I'm not only person on this

> thread who'll be doing exactly the same because

> they are fed up with your constant baiting.

I see, and the "others" don't have a voice of their own and you are now the official Forum spokesperson? So I'm to be cut adrift from those with an encyclopaedic of all things football? Those aficionados whose expertise and opinion must be taken as sacrosanct? Those whose witty and humourous postings are only bested only by the great S J Perelman. OH NO!!!!! I'm devastated, mortally wounded, will I be able to survive without the the warmth and companionship of the wise ones on on footballing matters? Yeah.

I see two of supposed sages who claim they want to avoid me have piped up, knew you wouldn't be able to resist biting. Or to quote the greatest sage of all, reeled in like a hungry fish. Wasn't that the saying from the wise one? I'm surprised at you Declan , have you no new imaginative names to call me, in either Gaelic or Turkish? And anyway Jah assured me that the Holy ones were going to avoid me, and you've both let the gang down. I hope you are suitably ashamed of yourselves.

The Times Football Correspondent delivers his verdict on tonight's Champions League tie

The last time Manchester United went to San Siro, in 2007, they lost 3-0 in the Champions League semi-final, second leg. Are United a different side now?

In terms of personnel they are not that different but in their approach and mindset they have grown as a side. On that night Kaka and Clarence Seedorf showed Cristiano Ronaldo and Wayne Rooney that they still had a lot to learn about playing at the highest level. But since that night United have learnt their lessons and have lost only once in 17 matches away from Old Trafford in the Champions League, their only defeat coming against Barcelona in last season's final.

United may have been weakened by the loss of Ronaldo, who in 2007 hadn't developed into the dominant force he was by the time he left for Real Madrid, but they are a much more experienced side now. Players like Edwin van der Sar, Darren Fletcher, Paul Scholes and even Wayne Rooney have a wealth of experience in Europe and so while Sir Alex Ferguson might have spoken about tonight's match being experience versus innocence, United have plenty of know-how, despite being a much younger side that Milan.

How will United approach the game?

I expect them to match up against Milan's three-man midfield, with Fletcher, Scholes and Michael Carrick across the midfield. United will try and keep things tight early on and then, depending on how the match is unfolding, attempt to hit Milan on the counter. In contrast to 2007, Milan do not have anyone with the individual ability to terrify United. Kaka was outstanding in both legs in 2007 but since his departure to Real, there is no-one who strikes fear into the opposition. In midfield, Gennaro Gattuso, Andrea Pirlo and Massimo Ambrosini are steady and very good at their jobs. Ronaldinho is dangerous, but he is a fading force, as is David Beckham and although Alexandre Pato has huge potential he is nowhere near Rooney's level just yet.

jimmy two times Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> This Milan team are a good side. Alexandre Peto up

> front is a brilliant young Brazilian striker.

> Seedorfs and Pirlo are still quality and they will

> always have a good defensive shape about them. I

> can see them turning United over.

And never write off Inzaghi.......the little bugger. Dos he still play for them?