> make a full recovery in the fullness of time. The

> mantra from opposition bosses after a leg breaking

> incident, Diaby, Eduardo and now the poor lad

> Ramsey, "he's not that sort of player" is becoming

> a little tedious. They must be "that kind of

> player" if they've commited the foul that results

> in a leg break. Intended or not they are still

> "that kind of player".

Accidents DO happen. There were no studs up it was just one of those things in my view. It is a fast paced contact sport... he isn't the first and most certainly wont be the last.

As usual utter drivel comment from Wenger .... "With Diaby, Eduardo and now this... I don't think it's a coincidence".

It's entirely possible to see all 3 incidents as unrelated and a coincidence AND yet still understand why Wenger feels the way he does. Not many people in his position could easily brush off three very similar and serious injuries. If what he is saying is wrong doesn't make it drivel... it just means he is seriously upset and feeling unfortunate.

For me if he says it is not a coincidence then he's saying that all other premiership teams are plotting to break Arsenal players legs.... which as we know is rubbish. Yes I'm taking that at it's most literal meaning but I really don't believe any teams gets a real "going over" in the Premiership.

If anything there are personal grudges that sometimes overflow on the pitch. Ruddock breaking both of Andy Coles legs took some doing.... Roy Keane on Alf Inge Haaland etc... but no team think they will be able to just go kick 7 shades out of another team. Teams from the bottom of the league have to play harder againts the top teams if they are going to get anything out of the game simple as that. Wolves will NEVER outplay Chelsea (although anythings possible this season).

What exactly is the point of sending the last man off as should have happened to Vidic today? The attacking team got a penalty but the foul hardly merited any card. I could understand it if it was outside the penalty area where there was no real reward apart from a free kick. However inside it, surely a penalty is enough unless it a very bad foul. What do you think?

benjaminty Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Atila Reincarnate Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > ???? Wrote:

> >

> --------------------------------------------------

>

> > -----

> > > Naaaaaaaah

> >

> >

> > Faith is one thing, but being realistic is

> > another. Mathematically we can win it but for

> me

> > it will be CSKA Fulham. At this moment in time

> I

> > only have one concern and that is that Ramsey

> can

> > make a full recovery in the fullness of time.

> The

> > mantra from opposition bosses after a leg

> breaking

> > incident, Diaby, Eduardo and now the poor lad

> > Ramsey, "he's not that sort of player" is

> becoming

> > a little tedious. They must be "that kind of

> > player" if they've commited the foul that

> results

> > in a leg break. Intended or not they are still

> > "that kind of player".

>

>

> Accidents DO happen. There were no studs up it

> was just one of those things in my view. It is a

> fast paced contact sport... he isn't the first and

> most certainly wont be the last.

Yes , and it will probably be another player who is just starting to establish himslef , as was the case with Diaby, Eduardo, and Ramsey

>

> As usual utter drivel comment from Wenger ....

> "With Diaby, Eduardo and now this... I don't think

> it's a coincidence".

Drivel, how so? What would Ferguson have said, or any other manager for that matter in the same position as Wenger. I venture to suggest the air may have turned blue at the very least. I wouldn't have been as diplomatic as Wenger. It's strange how all of Wengers comments are minutely scrutinised and dissected and on the wrong end of criticism, if Ferguson, Redknapp, Moyes, or the appaling Allardyce had made similar comments I wonder if you would have made the same comment, I very much doubt it.

The problem with a foreign Manager is they are often more articulate than your typically challenged British Manager and so it is assumed they are in total control with their comments whereas likes of old whiskey nose appears to have lost the plot with his rantings and is thus excused of his conveyor belt of bile by his mates in the media.

matthew123 Wrote:

> The problem with a foreign Manager is they are

> often more articulate than your typically

> challenged British Manager and so it is assumed

> they are in total control with their comments

> whereas likes of old whiskey nose appears to have

> lost the plot with his rantings and is thus

> excused of his conveyor belt of bile by his mates

> in the media.

The inference being then, I'm gusessing here, is that it's a Johnny Foreigner thing. British managers can say what they like and it seen as merely venting their feelings and showing passion, whereas Johnny Foreigner is seen as being an upstart who dares to question the status quo.

Ha, ha. I like the idea of Fergie's 'mates in the media'. One post you slag him for not talking to them and being childish the next you slag him for having them in his pocket. Next you'll be claiming the refs are all his mates too...oh hang on, that was what you kept whinging about last season wasn't it.

Sandperson Wrote:

> Ha, ha. I like the idea of Fergie's 'mates in the

> media'. One post you slag him for not talking to

> them and being childish the next you slag him for

> having them in his pocket. Next you'll be claiming

> the refs are all his mates too...oh hang on, that

> was what you kept whinging about last season

> wasn't it.

I think he means you Matthew123.

Yes, I was talking to Matt, that's why i quoted him.

Shawcross is an ex-United player so I would have thought that would have had something to do with Fergie getting in touch with him. I expect it'll have Wenger crying foul again though. Same old Arsenal.