> expressing happiness in the fact that this will be

> his last Glasgow derby speaks volumes. I'm born

> and bred in Liverpool and despite media rhetoric,

> there is no love lost between the two sides, yet

> Glasgow is a different ball game altogether. I

> think and hope that Smith's denouncing of recent

> events might help nullify all future pointless

> sectarianism.

Absolutely agree Walter has always been a gentleman in his media comments. However he is a tough guy and a winner and his experience will be crucial tomorrow against Lennons relative inexperience. Walter loves the old firm games. Noone likes sectarianism and its worse this week than ever unfortunately.

Mick Mac Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Atticus Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Mick, big hoops man myself but hats off to

> > Rangers' McCoist and Smith following explosive

> > devices bollocks. Smith particularly poignant

> in

> > expressing happiness in the fact that this will

> be

> > his last Glasgow derby speaks volumes. I'm born

> > and bred in Liverpool and despite media

> rhetoric,

> > there is no love lost between the two sides,

> yet

> > Glasgow is a different ball game altogether. I

> > think and hope that Smith's denouncing of

> recent

> > events might help nullify all future pointless

> > sectarianism.

>

>

> Absolutely agree Walter has always been a

> gentleman in his media comments. However he is a

> tough guy and a winner and his experience will be

> crucial tomorrow against Lennons relative

> inexperience. Walter loves the old firm games.

> Noone likes sectarianism and its worse this week

> than ever unfortunately.

Myself Has a twin sign Geminer we play to 2 for one I will not allow anybody to play

with my kentucky but again that is the problem when we are talking to a machine we seam that my forumities

still don't understand my signs.

I was alone playing the game my friend is myself my twin person hope now all of you got it right

guys come on. Have you seen the movi The Wedding Crash-ers. Women said only what men like to hear

but you don't have to beleive it becouse we say things to see you smile and laugh and please

lets be friends again I will say hi if I see you around in ED.

I have given my Trophy to the Blues a couple of weeks ago becouse they were very unhappy ; and now as all the club are aware of the bad training I have won the game for a third time. Before I go home I would like to take my trophy with me as I am very happy that my team will be here for ever strong and fit ;-) Hope the new "boxes" players will understand the game as I did :0)

See around ED have fun.

Good result yesterday for Spurs, they just managed to hang on. Well done Harry. The water polo at the Bridge was particularly entertaining (sadly MoTD cut most of this out). Just need Palace to beat the dirty Leeds and it will be a good (long) weekend.

So who is for the chop from the Prem - Grauniad thinks Blackpool, Blackburn and the Hammers. I think that the Arsenal are safe.

And can anyone tell me who started the chant based on Depeche Mode 'Just can't get enough'?

matthew123 Wrote:

> It's a bit sad really that this cycle of

> confrontation has overshadowed what appears to

> have been an impressive bow into management.

We sugest a conversation first then you can say anything you could be wrong at the end.

Alan Medic Wrote:

> I have to say that given everything that's

> happened, I thought Lennons ear cupping gesture at

> the end was ill judged.

Quite the opposite. What he put up with during that game in chants from rangers fans, should be addressed.

If it was quite the opposite you mean it was well judged? Regardless of what moronic football fans chant, he is in a position of authority and should at least try to be whiter than white with his behaviour. The cycle of hate between the old firm fans will never even have a chance of being broken if managers give fans an excuse to continue it. Besides I heard one commentator say that the athmosphere yesterday was better than it usually is.

malumbu Wrote:

> Good result yesterday for Spurs, they just managed

> to hang on. Well done Harry.

Am I missing something here? Are you taking the piss? We desperately needed all three points if we're to keep our challenge going for a Champions League place. COYS!

expat Wrote:

> "You'll Never Walk Alone" is a show tune from the

> 1945 Rodgers and Hammerstein musical, Carousel.

> AFAIK

Yes... it was based on the transfer dealings of squad players coming and going at FC Liliom by the Hungarian uncle of Rafa Benitez

YNWA alone was first sang at Anfield when Gerry and the Pacemakers had it in the charts. The top 10 would be played before a match - for some reason the Kop continued with that one ever since.

Go on to YouTube and put in "the Kop and Panorama". Would find a link for you but I'm on my iPhone.

It's interesting that it was YNWA that became the anthem and not 1 of the jauntier, easier-to-sing Beatles numbers around at the time. I suppose the lyrics and sentiments were crucial. Still reckon that, lyrically, the Greasy Chip Butty Song, is far superior! :))

Mick Mac Wrote:

> Alan Medic Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > I have to say that given everything that's

> > happened, I thought Lennons ear cupping gesture

> at

> > the end was ill judged.

>

> Quite the opposite. What he put up with during

> that game in chants from rangers fans, should be

> addressed.

A spokeswoman for the police said: "We can confirm we have received a complaint regarding Neil Lennon at the end of the Rangers-Celtic football match. Strathclyde Police officers were in attendance at the time and would have taken action at that time if they had deemed it appropriate." Celtic chief executive Peter Lawwell said: "It is absolute nonsense. "It is laughable that such a ludicrous complaint has been made given the abuse Neil received throughout the match.